Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Traxxas Employee

They're heeeeeeere...

New X-Maxx machined, spiral-cut differential ring and pinions gears! Looks like I have a project for this weekend.

RC Racer
    interesting when did these get released?

RC Competitor
    Where do I buy????
    Only 50 characters... :(

Traxxas Employee
    They just came in this week.

Quote Originally Posted by t-savage View Post
    Where do I buy????
    Give us a call! They should be hitting stores soon.
    Last edited by E-Maxxdude; 03-11-2016 at 12:03 PM.

RC Racer
    I have a complete a set of spare gears at the moment. Wanna share any other parts that are coming out soon???

RC Racer
    What do these retail for?

Traxxas Employee
    Just keep an eye on the website. New toys are always coming in. People think I work here, but I actually just sign my paychecks over for parts and trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDerpz View Post
    What do these retail for?
    AFAIK $45 per differential. That's the same price aftermarket companies are charging for smaller 1/8th scale spiral-cut gears. I can't wait to try them.
    Last edited by E-Maxxdude; 03-11-2016 at 12:11 PM.

RC Racer
    I cant find them anywhere on the site and the X-MAXX is missing from the parts and accessories section

Part number?
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    Just keep an eye on the website. New toys are always coming in. People think I work here, but I actually just sign my paychecks over for parts and trucks.

AFAIK $45 per differential. That's the same price aftermarket companies are charging for smaller 1/8th scale spiral-cut gears. I can't wait to try them.
    Good to know. I'll wait and see how these are versus the upcoming Kershaw diffs. Those should cost around $115 for the ring, pinion and aluminum diff cups if my information is correct.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Part number?
    7777x for the front, 7778x for the rear

RC Qualifier
    What is the difference between the spiral-cut vs. normal? Which style is in the stock X-Maxx?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    What is the difference between the spiral-cut vs. normal? Which style is in the stock X-Maxx?

Spiral gives the teeth more contact surface area. Which helps prevent teeth from breaking off.

Traxxas Employee
    They are stronger and less prone to skipping teeth. If you're upgrading to something crazy like the 8s Castle system, you probably want to upgrade them.
    Last edited by E-Maxxdude; 03-11-2016 at 12:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    7777x for the front, 7778x for the rear
    When I search those on the Traxxas site it only brings up pinion gears and it's not spiral.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    When I search those on the Traxxas site it only brings up pinion gears and it's not spiral.
    I may have jumped the gun. I'm sure they will be posted on the website soon.

Thanks for sharing!

I found them , just ordered in a bunch for my LHS!

Love that Traxxas is putting out useful cool upgrades!

EDIT: I just paid for a front and rear set! They should be here my the beginning of next week!
    Last edited by Double G; 03-11-2016 at 05:45 PM. Reason: content
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Competitor
    Want to order now. Take my dollars!

Are the stock ring and pinoin gear weak?

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    On the contrary, they are the biggest and strongest diffs we have ever made. It is a 22 pound truck however, so if you put a 1/5th scale motor in there, you will probably want the strongest diffs you can build.

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Not really, although I have personally seen a few busted ones. A few were from bad castings, and a few were from flat out abuse. I find the stock ones fine for most people, like myself.

I like these ones for one reason. They're Helical machined, or spiral cut gears. Not only does that make them stronger, it makes them quieter, which is a bonus.

Man, 45 bucks a set. How many diamonds does each set contain. If someday I'm strapped for cash, can I turn them in for a good quality used car? I sure's heck hope so. They do look good, and I've heard good things about spiral cut diff sets.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Man, 45 bucks a set. How many diamonds does each set contain. If someday I'm strapped for cash, can I turn them in for a good quality used car? I sure's heck hope so. They do look good, and I've heard good things about spiral cut diff sets.
    I'm not saying they're cheap, but the X-Maxx isn't a Stampede either. That's actually a very reasonable price compared to other spiral-cut gear sets.

RC Competitor
    I will def pay that price!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pretty cool! but like E-Maxxdude said...these would only be worth it if I were running 8s, which I'm not and don't plan on it. The stock diffs are just fine for what i'm doing. You 8s'ers betters take heed.
    We are all one race. The human race.

I'm telling Lloyd T you're spreading lies!!!

I don't know about you guys but it appears I'll have to be harder on my Maxx so I can get new gears!
    "RED"

RC Qualifier
    I tried Traxxasdirect but they said it's for dealers only. The rep said to call 888-Traxxas (option 2). I just did and ordered the parts.

I'm not saying they're cheap.
    For you, that's a good thing. Because, if you were saying that was cheap, then I was going to ask you to adopt me so that you could buy me all kinds of wonderful cool stuff.
    I'd call you "Dad" and everything.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 03-11-2016 at 05:51 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

So, who else has ordered them? Am I the only one besides Blkdrgn808?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    So, who else has ordered them? Am I the only one besides Blkdrgn808?
    I called Traxxas and ordered me a set

RC Qualifier
    Mannnn I wish I knew these were coming. I would of kept mine! I trashed 6 or so sets of stockers on 8s and couldn't take it no more : (

RC Qualifier
    New X-Maxx machined, spiral-cut differential ring and pinions gears! Looks like I have a project for this weekend.

These should be free upgrade to anyone who already bought a XMAXX since the original design material was nothing short of bad

These should be free upgrade to anyone who already bought a X-MAXX since the original design material was nothing short of bad
    Hmmmm, I completely disagree. I've driven my X-Maxx pretty hard and mine has been fine. I can think of at least 7-8 X-Maxx's I know that people are beating the heck out of, and none of them are having issues. I only know of one that had an issue, but Traxxas sent him new parts. He's been running those new parts for two months now without issues. I would not call the stock diffs weak at all. Maybe on 8s, but not with the factory set up.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshgixxer View Post
    These should be free upgrade to anyone who already bought a XMAXX since the original design material was nothing short of bad
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshgixxer View Post
    Mannnn I wish I knew these were coming. I would of kept mine! I trashed 6 or so sets of stockers on 8s and couldn't take it no more : (
    Then it is apparent you modified the power plant but not the rest of the drive train. What else would you expect? This is the same argument as those that throw a blower or turbo on their auto and whine when they blow their transmission, twist a drive shaft or shred the rear end.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Only thing I have managed to blow on the X MAXX is my mind! Stockers on the X Maxx is solid! Hands down! If you gonna run 8s, don't half step and start blaming everything and everyone except... Like the lads who put rims on their cars and not upgrade the suspension and breaking system. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth for sure.

Nice upgrade part though.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

so...much...want!! guess i know who i'll be calling on monday

i have a feeling this is only the beginning.

traxxas employees: when will we see the TiN coated shock shafts?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDerpz View Post
    Good to know. I'll wait and see how these are versus the upcoming Kershaw diffs. Those should cost around $115 for the ring, pinion and aluminum diff cups if my information is correct.
    Yeah, Id probably prefer KD for my 8s setup. The Xmaxx out the box was okay but definetly needs some upgrades to make it truly shine. In my opinion, if the stock diff rings etc are "strong enough" for 6s then whats the purpose of these since Traxxas doesnt sell any 8s equipment for it? If THESE were stock, it would have been cool.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Competitor
    I'm on 6s and have destroyed multiple sets of diff gears. These are on order!

Quote Originally Posted by B1gDawg View Post
    Yeah, Id probably prefer KD for my 8s setup. The Xmaxx out the box was okay but definetly needs some upgrades to make it truly shine. In my opinion, if the stock diff rings etc are "strong enough" for 6s then whats the purpose of these since Traxxas doesnt sell any 8s equipment for it? If THESE were stock, it would have been cool.
    For some of the same reasons aluminum option parts are offered:
    Some people aren't satisfied with a stock product, needing to modify it to make it their own;
    Some people don't have enough self-control and let Capt. Allatime Fullthrottle command their sessions;
    Many or most people may not need the benefit of the more expensive parts, so why raise the cost of every vehicle?

You once again cast a decision made by Traxxas in the most negative light possible. This definitely goes to your state of mind and overall view of the company and its support channels.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post

You once again cast a decision made by Traxxas in the most negative light possible. This definitely goes to your state of mind and overall view of the company and its support channels.
    Sigh,... My bank account and the several $K I've spent with Traxxas disagrees with you. It is MYopinion or is that against the rules also?
    Show me one post of mine where I trashed Traxxas. I'll be outside running my Xmaxx while you look.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast