RC poster

Traxxas Skully same as stampede?

The wife and I got my son a Traxxas Skully for Christmas. My son loves it and so do I but the wife wants a body on it that doesn't look evil. LOL Is the Skully basically the same as the stampede? Wheel base is the same? Want to get a different body for it.

Last edited by PARCNUT; 03-13-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Yes a stampede body will fit on the skull yet you will need to lower the body mounts and check praline out they make bodies that are durable and realistic. You have to paint them which means you have to get poly carbonate paint.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

Just follow the tire marks and broken parts.
    The body thread in the sub-forum shows every possible body you can get just spray it with some paint ( I prefer pactra or Timiya) and your good to go.
    RC is an addiction just don't make me go to rehab

Traxxas Skully same as stampede?

The Skully has the same chassis and suspension and therefore the same wheelbase but different body posts than the regular Stampede. The rears are definitely narrower. I don't recall whether the front spacing is different. In any case, I consider the Skully's post setup to be superior, and even with a stock Pede body, you only need to drill one or possibly two pairs or new holes in the body shell.
    Nitro, VXL, or XL-5 Stampede body versions should fit as well, whether 2WD or 4x4.
    You can get clear, Prographix, or pre-painted Traxxas bodies, and there are also shells from ProLineRacing and jconcepts.
    Have fun.

Edit: If you have questions about the fitment of specific bodies, ask us before you buy.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-13-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply's guys!! Will start looking at bodies to see which one my son likes. I'll post back with what we find before we buy.

Quote Originally Posted by PARCNUT View Post
    Thanks for the reply's guys!! Will start looking at bodies to see which one my son likes. I'll post back with what we find before we buy.
    Not a fan of them myself, just think they look silly. If you are not interested in painting your own body, you can get a new painted stock body off of E-Bay, or RC Recycler.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired