RC poster

Jato 3.3 Upgrades: Street/On-Road Racing

Im about a quart and a half through the kit. Shes still new, sitting clean, on my desk drained of fuel with a few drops of after run in the piston and carb. Right after the break in I replaced the original glow plug and started with the upgrades!

So far I have upgraded/added:
    -New steering servo (Savox 0.14 sec/60 and 99.9 oz-in)
    -New throttle/brake servo (Savox 0.19 sec/60 and 145 oz-in)
    -RPM front bumper
    -RPM front A-Arms
    -EcoPower 5-Cell receiver pack
    -Hot Racing dual steel disk triple carbon fiber caliper brake kit
    -Traxxas aluminum 25 steering blocks
    -Traxxas aluminum 25 caster blocks
    -Traxxas exhaust coupler
    -Pro-Line 2.8 street fighter rear tires
    -Pro-Line 2.8 Desperado rear wheels
    -Front springs (1.2, gold)
    -Rear springs (1.6, blue)
    -Team Associated 80 weight silicone shock oil (drained and replaced all 4 shocks)

I have a fuel filter, Dynamite MC59 glow plugs, rear tie bars(for adjusting rear toe), and a RC Screwz stainless steel screw kit still on the way. I will be ordering the same wheels and tires for the front, a more open air filter that fits in the body(returning the Mugen Seiki air filter set I just received, better suggestions?), and a new pipe in the future.

What do yall think of what I have so far?

-Could someone suggests a new pipe?(been looking at Dynamite High speed pipe to then not use the manifold it comes with because the stock manifold has an odd, nonstandard bend, DYNP5005; http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...dynp5005/p9007 )

-Could someone suggest a decent air filter that fits and works well under the body? (been looking at a Losi air filter that they run in the 8ight and then attaching it to the stock plug that connects to the stock air box holding the filter)

-Has anyone upgraded their steering bell crank to an aluminum one? Does it get rid of the tiny bit of play in the steering; does it make a noticeable difference and is worth the 33-45 bucks?

-Has anyone upgraded their suspension towers to an aluminum one and noticed a real difference in handling characteristics?

Finally, are there any other upgrades out there I didnt mention that are value orientated and/or make a noticeable difference for on road performance/tune-ability? (other than gear ratios in the drivetrain)

RC poster
    I will publish pictures when I am able to post attachments

RC Enthusiast
    I noticed that you did not put RPM a-arms on the rear, is there a reason? I just ordered all 4 and was wondering if maybe they flex to much to be in the rear.
    Slash 4x4 - 4
    Nitro Rustler - 5
    Jato 3.3
    Summit

RC Enthusiast
    Losi 3.4 carb !! just put one in my tmaxx then ordered 4 more for my Jatos and other cars ... love it so far

Quote Originally Posted by andyjr11 View Post
    I noticed that you did not put RPM a-arms on the rear, is there a reason? I just ordered all 4 and was wondering if maybe they flex to much to be in the rear.
    Ive never broken the rear arms. Only fronts. So i also only have rpm on the front.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Qualifier
    The RPM arms, will flex, and cause the suspension geometry to change. Want consistency? Lose the flex.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjr11 View Post