RC Enthusiast

Slash Trenchers and wheel dimensions confusion

I have a question to do with trenchers.

I have a Slash 2wd, and i want Trenchers. The site says 12mm Hex, 2.2" wheel, and thats the stock size right? But it also says 1/16 E-Revo, so is it only for E-Revos, or is it universal for Traxxas vehicles?

RC Racer
    The standard SCT tire size is 2.2/3.0. 2.2" on the inside width, and 3.0" on the outside width. I'm not sure what 1/16 erevos run.
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate

Slash Trenchers and wheel dimensions confusion

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoast View Post
    The standard SCT tire size is 2.2/3.0. 2.2" on the inside width, and 3.0" on the outside width. I'm not sure what 1/16 erevos run.
    The stock mini e revo has 2.0 rims but the proline ones are 2.2 for a bigger tire
    Last edited by traxxasfan21; 03-14-2016 at 11:33 PM.
    Too much power is just enough

RC Enthusiast
    Can someone post a link to the cheapest Trenchers they can find, premounted, that will fit on my Slash 2wd rear?

These were the cheapest I could find with free shipping: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Proline-Trench...938?nav=SEARCH
    Too much power is just enough

RC Enthusiast
    cool thx these will be good

RC Qualifier
    Why does ProLine's website say these are only for the Slash front? It doesn't say front and rear?

http://www.prolineracing.com/tires/t...-black-wheels/

RC Enthusiast
    if you click on the "Fits" button, it says rear for slash 2wd and front and rear for slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    idk for sure tho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ncslash View Post
    if you click on the "Fits" button, it says rear for slash 2wd and front and rear for slash 4x4
    It makes me wonder if they won't fit on the front of a 2wd Slash?

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    They will fit, I just put some on the front of my 3800 slash. only difference I see is that your front end becomes closer/tighter. edit:the stock tires rub on the HCG chassis when fully turned and almost fully compressed. the trenchers rub to, but a full 1/8th of inch more into the center of the tire, where as the stock kind rubs an edge.

stock slash front tires. (sorry weird body for you to guage the offset with)

trencher by proline on renegades

I don't use any tires but the stock ones on the front. but I assume you can order the tires and put them on front slash wheels easy peasy.

hope the pictures help a little

4dub
    Last edited by fourdub; 03-15-2016 at 01:22 AM.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC poster
    The backspacing is different on the front wheels for the 2wd and 4x4. I'm running 4x4 wheels all around on my LCG 2wd and it's fine.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ncslash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Chevy View Post
    It makes me wonder if they won't fit on the front of a 2wd Slash?
    I was confused about this in the beginning as well. Here is the skinny...4x4 Slash front and rear, and 2wd Slash rear are all the same wheel. The 2wd Slash front is a special, unique snowflake.

All of them are technically interchangeable, meaning they will physically fit, but as stated they have different offsets. Look at the below pictures, on the 2wd rear you will see that the hex "seat" is lower and more embedded in the wheel. On the 2wd front the hex "seat" protrudes from the main body of the wheel more.

Why? I have no idea, I suspect they wheels that get power needed a deeper hex seat to prevent stripping. Why didn't they simply adjust the front end so you could use the same wheels all around, again, I have no idea.

2wd Front

2wd Rear (4x4 Front and Rear)

The offset difference is only about 1/8th on an inch, so you probably could run Rear tires all the way around, but your wheel track would be 1/4 skinnier in the front. I know of a few people who reinforce 2wd Front wheels and run them all around on the 4x4 for the increase in width.

Hope this helps.

TLDR, you need different wheels for Slash 2wd front vs. rear.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

Comment, you can buy the Pro Line front suspension kit with the wider arms, then all your wheel offsets are equal.

I bought two sets of trenchers, thought they would work on the 2wd......not really, so I have them on my 4x4 and they are excellent....
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

Or the RPM front offset compensating arms.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I bought the duratrax lock ups and run all four fronts. Not a problem at all. I don't know if tires vary but those are an awesome tire.
    Traxxas 2wd raptor svt

RC poster
    just buy a tire with a Traxxas hub and it will technacly fit on any traxxas model,just look at the size needed

RC Competitor
    thank you for posting about those offset compensating arms. I did not know they existed

RC Racer
    If you install wheels on the front, that have offset for the rear, the inside of that wheel will rub the A-arm when that wheel is the outside wheel in a turn.

I made the mistake of installing them that way, and it took me a while to figure out why my outside wheel wasn't rolling through turns.