Thread: Advice

RC Enthusiast

Advice

I picked up a t-maxx (short body) with a 3.3. It was Disassembled, but appeared to be all there.
    I got it home and the motor is DONE
    Piston is broken, sleeve is scored, and the case has damage from the pieces of the piston. The carb is also broken.
    I got this as a back up for my newer style t-maxx, so I don't want to buy another motor and end up putting a bunch of money in it.
    What would you guys do with it?
    Keep the parts I might break on mine as spares and part the rest out?
    Sell thing whole thing as a roller?
    Anyone have an extra 3.3 laying around to sell cheap?

Big block project!

Lol im completely ignoring that " i dont wanna dump a bunch of money into this" statement.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

I do my best to make everything a project and make it a running vehicle no matter what....I have a sickness apparently - LOL!

If everything is there minus the engine, I would try to get an engine for it and enjoy it. Nothing like having 2 RC cars instead of 1 car and a pile of spare parts!!!

I have a spare engine I got in a parts lot. Internals are good. It has the old style crank, so you could just use the internals and your crank.

The other option is buying another engine from the auction sites. Can usually find the for around 80-100$
    "RED"

RC Enthusiast
    I bought it on eBay, and I reread the ad and it says that every part in in working condition. I am going to try and get a refund...

RC Enthusiast
    Guy picked it up tonight and gave me a full refund!