Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Qualifier
    Maybe this is the reason nobody uses a 1/8 motor in a 1/10 truck for off road? lol. I think (dare I say) to much power. If you haven't tried the castle sct 3800kv combo yet I would get it. Absolutely love mine. Crazy power and runs super cool even geared to go 68 mph on a 2s (and yes i am not lying. It never got above 140 and I use that gearing for bashing now as well.)
    Mini summit, rusty cc3800kv, piles of parts

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    I'll be installing a MM2/2650 in mine next week but it's going to be a road warrior.

Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

Oh I was on road xD. I mean if I want massive amounts of torque and I gear down to 56/14 I can run 6s no problem! I've heard that the 2650 was twitchy? General, let me know how it works out! I love 6s though. Combined, 80c 16000mah. 22.6v? Have you ever seen a stripped drive gear without a problem pin? Cause I sure havent

Quote Originally Posted by WonderMelon View Post
    Oh I was on road xD. I mean if I want massive amounts of torque and I gear down to 56/14 I can run 6s no problem! I've heard that the 2650 was twitchy? General, let me know how it works out! I love 6s though. Combined, 80c 16000mah. 22.6v? Have you ever seen a stripped drive gear without a problem pin? Cause I sure havent
    What do you mean twitchy? How are you running a 16000mah 6s? I haven't stripped any gears yet since I've only had it a week, did snap a axle pin though.

Aren't the MAH combined? I run dual 8000mah 40c 3s lipos.

Aren't the MAH combined? I run dual 8000mah 40c 3s lipos.
    Depends on how you have it wired. Do you have it wired in series or parallel

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Depends on how you have it wired. Do you have it wired in series or parallel

I have that y connector. The black wire goes from negative to positive. One connector has two black wires and one has a red and black. I don't know this stuff haha

I have that y connector. The black wire goes from negative to positive. One connector has two black wires and one has a red and black. I don't know this stuff haha
    You have a series connector which means it's not 16000mah. It's just a 8000mah 6s now. Series doubles the voltage and running parallel doubles your mah and burst rate but voltage stays the same.

Little update, I'll post pictures later. So what's all upgrades so far?
    Power house: Castle Sidewinder 8th scale & 2200kv brushless motor
    Tires: GRP velocity?? I don't know they're the 8th scale on road tires lol.
    Drive shafts: MIP x-duties (my dad ordered the wrong tekno driveshafts... Dang)
    Bearings: avid (of course!)
    A-arms: RPM front and rear with the wide front mod kit.
    Castor blocks are STRC also the steering is aluminum. I'd definitely suggest the aluminum steering.
    Transmission case: hot racing composite case.
    Bumper: T-bone basher bumper
    Shock towers: RPM
    12mm to 17mm adapters because MIP driveshafts don't use a pin for their hubs: Hot racing. I love these. Just don't use the wrench that comes with them. Also I would choose these over the just plain 17mm hubs from STRC. The little nut on the inside is aluminum, the ones on HR are steel. Also 8mm (I think) versus 2mm... Bigger one don't strip nearly as easy.
    Body: JConcepts high speed jato body.
    Radio system: Traxxas 5 channel normal controller that comes with VXL systems. Doesn't have TSM.
    Servo is still the 2075. Going 8 months strong!

Little update, I'll post pictures later. So what's all upgrades so far?
    Power house: Castle Sidewinder 8th scale & 2200kv brushless motor
    Tires: GRP velocity?? I don't know they're the 8th scale on road tires lol.
    Drive shafts: MIP x-duties (my dad ordered the wrong tekno driveshafts... Dang)
    Bearings: avid (of course!)
    A-arms: RPM front and rear with the wide front mod kit.
    Castor blocks are STRC also the steering is aluminum. I'd definitely suggest the aluminum steering.
    Transmission case: hot racing composite case.
    Bumper: T-bone basher bumper
    Shock towers: RPM
    12mm to 17mm adapters because MIP driveshafts don't use a pin for their hubs: Hot racing. I love these. Just don't use the wrench that comes with them. Also I would choose these over the just plain 17mm hubs from STRC. The little nut on the inside is aluminum, the ones on HR are steel. Also 8mm (I think) versus 2mm... Bigger one don't strip nearly as easy.
    Body: JConcepts high speed jato body.
    Radio system: Traxxas 5 channel normal controller that comes with VXL systems. Doesn't have TSM.
    Servo is still the 2075. Going 8 months strong!
    Why do you say don't use hot racing allen wrench? One I have that came with mine works just fine.

Mine didn't fit correctly. Neither did the STRC one. Sucks...

Mine didn't fit correctly. Neither did the STRC one. Sucks...
    Oh, all my hot racing adapters supplied wrenches work just fine. You may have gotten a package made on a Friday lol.

OH I forgot my pictures LOL. In a little bit I promise. Well my dad got the teknos. The hexes suck. They completely stripped out , rounded, melted, rounded the rims hexes, melted. My god. Nothing is going right anymore. These cars are becoming more of a pain really. He snapped his tools in the axle screws. Broke them. Broke like 5 drill bits. He's having major bad luck...
    So MIP axles hold up. Which is good. I would definitely suggest 12 to 17mm adapters from HR. They work amazingly.

Here's some pictures. Took er out for a drive to the park today and did some runs around. For the first time I used a 5s! I forgot my extra 3s at home haha.

Actually finally got to drive. It's fun! I do love my grp's... They're perfect. Like I know all you see them be used in is those straight line drivers. But I do love them. And because it's just the tire and rim, you don't flip at all. Well I haven't. But you spin a lot... Well just when recklessly turning. Anyway, everything is holding up great! And my avid bearings are doing good for not be able to be serviced. I can't get my hubs off... None of my drivers work with that pesky little screw. So does anyone have any ways to get it off? Or anyone know any better ones I could use with them?

I'm thinking... Should I go with bigger GRP's? Speaking of those! I was looking other types. Anyone use any others...?

Why do you want bigger ones? I used the velocity grps, but I blew one out.

Triple digit club member!
    100mph pede 4x4
    104mph Mamba Rustler

Howdy everyone! Hope you guys haven't really forgotten me lol. Sorry for the long hiatus without any warning. I just decided I needed a break from the Internet but now I'm back!

RC Racer
    I love modding the rustler , yours is what I want for my kid (they love big tires)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Truth be told the car can be a major pain up mainstreet. When you install powerful motor systems, there's a ton of trial, error, tears, and empty wallets. But it's worth it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Does anyone know why my batteries would only last like 5 minutes but I can't even get to my top speed? It just started doing that... I have my motor fan and speed control fan. Is it too much power to draw out?
    It's those awesome tires. There too big. I had some Badlands MX 2.8's. They killed the battery when I'd hit it hard. They do look sweet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Truth be told the car can be a major pain up mainstreet. When you install powerful motor systems, there's a ton of trial, error, tears, and empty wallets. But it's worth it.
    I hear ya, Mine was the same way. I sold mine and i slightly miss it now but it was worth all the little things that went wrong with it.

Hey guys! Having some suspension issues... So I need the front to be lower than the back. Not the easiest thing. I have a 2 and a half inch, 1 and three quarters wide, quarter inch thick solid chunk of lead to hold my front end down. It's just enough to do that. But I need my front end lower... But I don't want it to scrape on the ground. So how can I do this?

Hey guys! Having some suspension issues... So I need the front to be lower than the back. Not the easiest thing. I have a 2 and a half inch, 1 and three quarters wide, quarter inch thick solid chunk of lead to hold my front end down. It's just enough to do that. But I need my front end lower... But I don't want it to scrape on the ground. So how can I do this?
    Do you have any preload clips on the front shocks? If so then removing them/reducing the number of them will do exactly this for you.

Otherwise it's down to how you run the front shocks - add internal spacers to limit the extended length?

Also have you thought of running that front bumper upside down so that it doesn't try and lift the front end at speed?
    Seek forgiveness, not permission

Caveat lector!

Well i haven't put any internal spacers so I'll do that. I can't have the bumper upside down because it will definitely break. I don't do just speed passes I drive it more like a rally car on road. High speeds tight turns jumps... So I need a sturdy suspension. It's not a light car BTW it weighs about 5 pounds so...

Finally starting it up after a couple of months of sitting. All batteries are good so that's a good sign lol. Surprised nothing rusted on it. Guess I am better at greasing than I thought!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Get red or black springs if it still sags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123