RC Enthusiast

Breaks go on when throttle released - how to stop this

Slash 2wd. When the throttle returns to neutral the rear wheels stop turning. How to I get the truck to coast when the throttle is in neutral?
    This acts like a 100% drag break but as I understand it drag breaks are not an option on a basic Slash.
    I have tried resetting the transmitter to default and adjusting the throttle control.

Have you tried adjusting the the throttle trim?
    If none of these things work try contacting traxxas support
    Too much power is just enough

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Sounds like some bad bearings. Try spinning the wheels, and see if they spin freely.

one of my bearings went out, and it would do that. under load from the motor it would spin, but once you let off the throttle it seized back up.

pick up the truck and spin one rear tire by hand, than the other. if one of them dosent move, it might be a bearing. they should spin very freely in the air. while your holding it in the air spin the front 2 tires as well.

hope this helps!!

4dub
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Looks like Traxxasfan and Fourdub have you on the right track. Does your truck pull to one side when it looks like there is a drag brake?

First, I would try spinning the drivetrain by hand (power off), and see if it rolls freely. If not, pull the pinion away from the spur and repeating, if it rolls freely after that, your problem is in the motor; if it doesn't, it is in the transmission.

If it rolls freely, then I would zero the trim on the transmitter and retest.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

What motor/ESC are you running?
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    Sounds like some bad bearings. Try spinning the wheels, and see if they spin freely.

one of my bearings went out, and it would do that. under load from the motor it would spin, but once you let off the throttle it seized back up.

pick up the truck and spin one rear tire by hand, than the other. if one of them dosent move, it might be a bearing. they should spin very freely in the air. while your holding it in the air spin the front 2 tires as well.

hope this helps!!

4dub
    Yeah I would open up the transmission and check all the bearings inside and also the wheel hub bearings like four dub sais
    Too much power is just enough

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post

hope this helps!!

4dub
    The bearing was destroyed. Surprised the car ran at all. Thanks
    RJM

Good to hear you located it. I am guessing that made you motor piping hot...?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired