Thread: Nitro spartan

RC poster

Nitro spartan

I have a 2.5 from a tmax classic I want to put into a spartan. But how do they do the drive train? Straight off the engine? Straight with a clutch? Clutch and transmission?

RC Racer
    Coupler right off the crankshaft to a flex cable I believe. You will need a nitro engine coupler and adequate size cable. Im not too familiar with gas/nitro boats. What are your goals for it?

RC poster
    I never had a nice rc boat before. And I have that engine I took off to put on a 3.3. So I don't really know what to expect out of it. Just going to have to see after I get it going lol. I'll be happy with 40mph. Right off the engine? That won't move at idle?

RC Racer
    Yes it will move at idle right off the engine. If you jump over on the offshore electrics forum you will get better responses.

RC Qualifier
    I would not run that setup in the Spartan. For a few reasons . 1 the heat generated inside the boat would be way too high , 2 , ideally you'd want to water cool that engine . Me personally , I would never swap the electrics for nitro . I think you may be disappointed in the results in performance . come to think of it , I had a nitro vee some time back and was not very happy with the hull damage from the nitro . It eventually split .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk