RC Racer

Drifting tires, Gearing for acceleration

Couple of questions. I was never really that into speed runs with my xo-1 because I don't have the area. So I often drive it on a small scale local track or mess around drifting. Has anyone made drift tires yet? Has anyone here geared for acceleration instead of top speed? My local track is so small higher acceleration would get me better lap times compared to top speed.

RC Qualifier
    Drift tires would be nice also more different bodies.i think the big scales are so much nicer then 1/10

RC Racer
    I got 2 different setup.
    One use 9t pinion with 54 spur.
    Great for most parking lots

RC Qualifier
    You can make drift tires with pvc piping

RC Qualifier
    The XO-1 has ample power to over-under steer, just use the power or a get a D Box and watch how easy the XO-1 lights up the stocks and drifts like a champ.

RC Qualifier
    Tires aren't cheap tho I'd just cover them with pvc

RC Qualifier
    Here is how I made drift tires for my XO-1 cheaply with PVC couplers. The first video shows the main steps. The second and third videos, are hopefully linked to each other, show how to glue them on better and how well they hold up once they are fastened correctly. There are details in the description etc. Let me know if you have any questions.

RC Racer
    Anyone tried the tires from the 1/8 rc mad drift?

RC Qualifier
    I looked into using the tires from the mad drift but you need to make or buy adapters for them to fit right and they are quite a bit smaller than the XO-1 tires. Depending on the speeds you want to hit when you drift, you probably want the widest tire possible and a rounded edge on the outside of the tires to prevent them from catching on imperfections in the road. I was able to hit over 35 mph with my drift tires and drift without flipping over as long as I was on a relatively smooth surface.