RC poster

E-Maxx Tranny on 3.3 T-maxx but keeping it Nitro

With the many adapters out there for people converting T-Maxx's to brushless, I was wondering if it was possible to use a E-Maxx transmission on a 3.3 T-maxx but still using the Nitro engine. I have a few E-Maxx transmissions but I don't have any spare 3.3 transmissions lying around. I think the biggest issue is the internal ratio of the E-maxx vs. T-maxx transmissions. I have tried finding it for both and I am tired of looking. Had anyone ever attempted this?

Count the number of teeth on both gears and divide, that will give you the ratio.

As for using it on the maxx with a 3.3, depends on the ratio, if it's too tall it will struggle to pull it, if its too low it will spin up very fast with little speed.

BL motors spin a heap faster then a Nitro engine does.

Traxxas T-Maxx 1st Gear (Std) - 3.31:1
    Traxxas T-Maxx 2nd Gear (Std) - 2.29:1(narrow-2.50:1/wide-2.11:1)

Traxxas E-Max BL trans ratio - 1.83:1

That and you have to take into account the spur gear is located differently on the BL trany then the Nitro trany.

Ebay has entire trany's for the cheapest prices around.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    You might be better off selling the emaxx transmission then buy a t-maxx transmission with the money. The tmaxx transmissions are different anyways, they have kind of a clutch inside and won't move the wheels until the engine spins up to a certain RPM. It might work but I'd just go with the 2 speed t-maxx transmission and call it a day.
    X-Maxx/TRX4/Rustler/Stampede

The older T-Maxx transmissions have a clutch inside that does that. The newer ones do not.
    The Super Derecho