Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was left unsupervised....

So, my Stampede 2wd got pirated last weekend to fix the kids' trucks. Steering servo went into my oldest son's Pede, and the motor went into the middle boy's stadium truck. After I gave up on an old CEN, I stripped it down and boxed it up to await either the eBay monster or something else. So there is was with a Mamba Monster 2200 system, a Savox servo, and a Stampede roller. You guessed it, out came the Dremel. The truck itself is fairly well optioned, Bearings throughout, the vxl trans, the usual. I expect I'm going to break something, probably in spectacular fashion, so I'm gonna ask you guys before I go blindly ordering replacements. I figure first up will be axles. MIP, STRC, or something else? Of course any plastics I break will be RPM, and I'm eyeing alloy axle carriers. Anything else I should be looking at? I'll try to get some pics up this afternoon if anyone is interested.

The MM2 and a 2200 motor is an overkill on a 2wd truck. On the 4x4 with a litlle mod here an there it will fit.

I had the MMP with 3800 when I had the pedes and could never get its potential on tthat truck, once I had on the 4x4 slash , it was wnother story.
    Mind you the 2wd pede was ridiculously fast on 3s , and scary fast.....mcay have to also put weighs upfont and use the castle link to some adjustements.

Defintely MIP or FLM.for drive shafts, even the FLM c block were great, try and get their carrirs too butlots of their stuff are no longer in production however I got parts directly trough them instead of the lhs.
    Live life to the fullest

Thanks for the reply. Oh, I know it's way overkill. I doubt it will stay that way. I'm working on getting a 1/10th Revo roller for the system and a 3500 or 4600 Castle system for the P2de. I just thought I'd see if I could get standing backflips out of it. Lol.

The 2200 will likely shred the drive shafts so be careful.

Just follow the tire marks and broken parts.
    Your driveshafts are toast but have fun!
    RC is an addiction just don't make me go to rehab

My stampede has an 18v drill motor on 3s. Youll be fine just spend the money on drive shafts. Im using the proline ones. This setup snapped a hot racing diff lock.