RC Qualifier

Help me install a Horn sound effect

I want to install a horn on my X-Maxx. I have the 4 channel Traxxas transmitter so I believe I have an extra channel where I can use the toggle switch at the top to activate the horn. Anyone know of a cheap horn kit that can do the 2nd sound in the video? If not and I get this horn do you think it is possible to do what I'm asking?

Last edited by Blkdrgn808; 03-25-2016 at 05:01 AM.

Why can't you use what that guy has? It seems to work well.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Qualifier
    Cause it's $80. Can I plug the horn into channel 4 and toggle the switch to activate?

Can I plug the horn into channel 4 and toggle the switch to activate?
    Nope...the way an Rx channel works is: BLACK(ground) is used for path return for RED (full time 6vdc out), and for WHITE (switched on/off signal from Tx & low voltage & low current out). So, what does that mean? That means, you wouldn't get enough output voltage or current from using the WHITE (switched on/off signal) wire to drive your horn speaker. And, if you used the RED (full time 6vdc out) to get more output drive potential to your horn, your horn speaker would be on all the time.

I think now you can see one of the reasons why that little unit costs 80 bucks. It not only has all the components needed, but it also has an amplifier that can drive a horn speaker and can be controlled by your WHITE (switched on/off signal) Rx output. Anyway, the best thing you can do (if you want a horn for your truck) is save your money, and get what will do the job for you. Now with that, let me follow my own advise. What is the Link for that horn setup anyway? I'd like to get one.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 03-25-2016 at 07:53 AM.

RC Qualifier
    OK I ordered one and will see how it works. Maybe you should hold off until I get mines. It's from Ankara, Turkey so kinda scared.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rc-Horn-Soun...kAAOSwDNdVqDIr

RC Racer
    If all you wanted was a horn sound without spending a lot of money. All you needed was a small car horn and either a receiver switch or relay. You already have 3s battery so you would be providing the power. You probably would have spent no more than $25.

RC Qualifier
    I wanted a specific music horn. The 2nd sound effect in the video. Oh well I already bought it so I hope it works.

I looked at the link you gave me, and you're right...Ankara, Turkey...holy cow! It's sad, ain't it? It's sad when we have to rely on Turkey for something cool? I may have to go ahead and get one as you do, but if I don't, please let me know how things turn out for you.

RC Enthusiast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    OK I ordered one and will see how it works. Maybe you should hold off until I get mines. It's from Ankara, Turkey so kinda scared.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rc-Horn-Soun...kAAOSwDNdVqDIr
    Sorry for bringing an old thread out of archive, but did you ever receive the horn kit from Turkey?

How’s it sound?

Any pics?

Thanks, Team!

I wouldn't be to surprised if you don't get a reply, because Blkdrgn hasn't written anything in 2 years.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by StampedeMachine View Post
    Sorry for bringing an old thread out of archive, but did you ever receive the horn kit from Turkey?

How’s it sound?

Any pics?

Thanks, Team!
    Mate, there is a sound system:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Drift-Ca...gAAOSwKOpdr7hH

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Soun...sAAOSwrkJewSqx

That's a pretty good deal. I wonder how well the directions are written...being it's from China.