Thread: Battery help.

RC poster

Battery help.

Still new to this rc thing. My boys didn't run their trucks much this winter, lots of basketball, so one of them dug out the pede today after charging up some batteries, batteries all charged very quickly, like within 10/15 minutes.?? Then when he ran it, they only ran about 5/10 minutes. Everything is very basic, charger and batteries (3000 and 5000) not lipo.

Are they bad? Need replaced? They were kept in the garage all winter. It's not heated, but is finished with drywall and insulation.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by 2xpededad View Post
    Still new to this rc thing. My boys didn't run their trucks much this winter, lots of basketball, so one of them dug out the pede today after charging up some batteries, batteries all charged very quickly, like within 10/15 minutes.?? Then when he ran it, they only ran about 5/10 minutes. Everything is very basic, charger and batteries (3000 and 5000) not lipo.

Are they bad? Need replaced? They were kept in the garage all winter. It's not heated, but is finished with drywall and insulation.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Try trickle charging at lower amp like a 1a rate. Try going through a couple of cycles. Charge, run, charge, run. If they don't rebound then I'd say get some 2s lipos.... They are same (voltage) as nimh batteries but give a consistent amount of power through run, whereas the NiMH will loose power consistently through out run...
    Last edited by Briber; 03-25-2016 at 08:13 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    I would try the thing briber mentioned, also with lipos, if you get a good charger, it can put a storage charge on them, for storing. than charge when your rdy to go and they should be good to go.

make sure you read up on proper charging and storage of your batteries, lipos especially.

goodluck!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Try a discharge, recharge cycle, if they stay cool, you saved them, I would switch to LIPOs, if your charger will work
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

RC poster
    Will give this a try. Thanks all!