Thread: Carb install

RC Enthusiast

Carb install

This is going to sound weird, but it's driving me nuts.
    I just rebuilt my trx 3.3 and carb.
    I'm trying to put the carb on, and it won't go all the way in. I don't want to force it because I just bought this new carb body.
    It feels like it is under pressure. I have tried moving the piston in different positions and have had no luck.
    I dont even have the head on yet...
    Please help.

Put the lower o-ring down in the block. The other o-ring is around the carb throat. As you push it in, give it a twist back and forth to fully seat it past the lower o-ring.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Put the lower o-ring down in the block. The other o-ring is around the carb throat. As you push it in, give it a twist back and forth to fully seat it past the lower o-ring.
    The lower o ring is in the block, the other is on the body. It won't go past the lower o ring even with twisting... I even tried my old carb body with the same result.

Remove the lower o-ring and reinstall the carb and compare the difference with how far it goes down. You may need to add a little lube to the o-ring to assist with seating the carb.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Remove the lower o-ring and reinstall the carb and compare the difference with how far it goes down. You may need to add a little lube to the o-ring to assist with seating the carb.
    Took the o ring out and it went in no problem. Put the o ring back in and twisted it and it went in. Took it off and they was a piece of o ring the thickness of a hair that had been sheared off. Now it will go in with only minimal pressure (not too loose though) Thanks!!

Well you should change that o ring now. Its been pinched and may not seal.

Or just run it anyway while keeping an eye out for symptoms of an air leak. Just until its time for a carb rebuild.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC poster
    East Central Oklahoma (SW Florida in heart!)
    That's great! Thank you so much. I've had this issue on a 3.3 and a 2.5R engine. I just couldn't figure out why they wouldn't seat properly. A little silicone grease and some twisting, and they both seated great. Again, thanks for these posts, I appreciate it much.

I always use a little nitro fuel on the o-rings, usually does the trick.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall