RC poster

Exclamation Rebuilt Engine / Not start / Fuel out exhaust

Okay.... just rebuilt the 3.3 engine ... new piston, new piston rod, new sleeve, new O-rings, new copper rings, etc... Lubed parts appropriately per Traxxas 3.3 Rebuild page.

Went to start it... nothing ... Have an EZ-start. Both lights light up on EZ Start. Engine tries to turn-over a couple times but spews fuel from exhaust port. Replaced glow plug and ring. I believe the engine flooded so waiting about 5-7 minutes and tried again. Same thing ... tries to turn-over a couple times and spews fuel from exhaust.

Any ideas? Need more information?

Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    Do you have the fuel lines crossed as far as tank to carb and tank to exhaust?

Make sure you put the piston and conrod back in the correct orientation. There is a hole in one side of the conrod and the piston has a relief cut in one side of the skirt. So these need to be facing the right direction (i forget exactly which way they face).
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC poster
    Yup. Oil hole on connecting rod and cut-out on piston facing the carburetor. I've checked everything and believe everything is correct. I'll double check again. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Do you have the fuel lines crossed as far as tank to carb and tank to exhaust?
    Looks good. Top of tank to muffler. Back of tank around motor to carburetor.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Make sure you put the piston and conrod back in the correct orientation. There is a hole in one side of the conrod and the piston has a relief cut in one side of the skirt. So these need to be facing the right direction (i forget exactly which way they face).
    Yup. Oil hole on connecting rod and cut-out on piston facing the carburetor. I've checked everything and believe everything is correct. I'll double check again. Thanks.
    Last edited by Double G; 03-29-2016 at 07:29 PM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Ok, we were able to get the engine started, if we open the throttle but as soon as we adjust the throttle down toward idle, it dies.

RC Enthusiast
    Is your carb set at the factory level? Are there any tears in the rubber tube for the air filter? What is the weather like. Sounds like an adjustment issue

Yeah sound rich if fuel is coming out, definetly as stated by Miller6386, re set to factory on the carb, I beleive it is 4hsn and 2 lsn.

Then work youself in small inscriments of 1/8 as tuning is dempendent on your ambient temps as well as altitude etc.
    Live life to the fullest