RC Racer

Flight Link Says Firmware Needs To Be Updated After Update??

My Aton has the latest Firmware 3.3.2.13 and has been Re-calibrated. It performs great. No issues. However, every time I turn on Flight Link it says the Firmware needs update. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 06redssr View Post
    My Aton has the latest Firmware 3.3.2.13 and has been Re-calibrated. It performs great. No issues. However, every time I turn on Flight Link it says the Firmware needs update. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?
    That has happened to me before. Not sure why. Make sure that your app is the latest version.

Larry

RC Competitor
    It happens to me as well every time I try to use it. I have the latest firmware and latest app version. Using Android.

RC Qualifier
    Same issue here as well , just updated tonight

RC Racer
    BTW guys , I'm using an iPad Mini with IOS 9.2.1 and the latest Flight Link App, Version 1.1.0.6337, dated 3/3/16.

RC Qualifier
    I re-booted everything.. uninstalled app , reinstalled and it all works great now . Android user here

RC Racer
    Hemidoo, I tried the re-boot. I re-installed the latest Firmware and the latest App and it worked. Problem solved. However, I still can't explain why it didn't work the first time. Weird!

RC Enthusiast
    I´v got this prolem also..Havnt tried the "re-install app" yet.

But I noticed that Aton FW change from the latest 3.3.2.13 to 3.3.RC7.34, how in the woop can it "downgrade" in mid flight?!
    Never crashed or anything like that, but still very confusing that the FW changes..

Will try the Re-Install app now.

RC Enthusiast
    where out testing Aton, and still got "Firmware update" when flying. :S

RC Racer
    yea I updated mine and got that message mid flight... It went out of Flight link range(bluetooth) when it returned it said firmware update needed and this was right after I did the update. Didn't have any more messages, but I didn't close the link and re link it either. Parked it for the night for the storm and haven't had it back up.

Interesting to find out what is causing that?

Andriod user BTW.
    Hmm maybe the Flight link app needs to be updated. I'll check it when I get back to my phone.

RC Racer
    Just checked n app it's self is up to date too. Hmmmm

RC Qualifier
    Thanks ! seemed to help for a little while then it started to do it again ... hmmm
    Hemidoo, I tried the re-boot. I re-installed the latest Firmware and the latest App and it worked. Problem solved. However, I still can't explain why it didn't work the first time. Weird!