Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Manne View Post
    Nope. Four batterys totaly, all 4s. Two and two paralell connected in series after the paralell adapter .
    Cool but I wanna see how yours is setup,if u can post a pic it'll be nice,thanks

RC poster
    For anyone thats running the MAX6, any cogging issues? I have a brand new Mamba X I was thinking of trying but I would love having the ability to run 8S and not have to worry about the Mamba X's 120A limit.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb05 View Post
    For anyone thats running the MAX6, any cogging issues? I have a brand new Mamba X I was thinking of trying but I would love having the ability to run 8S and not have to worry about the Mamba X's 120A limit.
    None here. Very smooth on stock settings, almost sensored quality.

RC Racer
    Very minimal cogging here also using a Max6 geared 17/50. Way smoother than the stock ESC, even geared up a bit. Geared back down to stock or slightly lower, I could probably use the truck to crawl with thicker diff fluid.

RC Competitor
    Ok. So I got the Max 6 installed.

Punch was set to 5.

Let me tell you, my Xmaxx is a brand new beast.

Don't expect it to gain so much speed, but do expect a major increase in acceleration and torque.

This thing now picks up acceleration like crazy and wheelies are easily made from half throttle.

So if you are in thinking about getting the HW Max 6 ESC do not break your head, JUST get it. You won't regret it.

Installation was very easy and it fits like if it came with the truck.

RC Competitor
    Now, can somebody please give some advise on the following:

Can I use the Leopard 5892 1340KV with the Max 6 ESC without a problem?

I know the Max 5 is the one used mostly with the Leopard motor.

Anyone?

RC Racer
    Yes that motor will work perfectly with that esc, but I believe you will have to relocate the esc up front with the Kershaw mount or make your own because of the motors extra length.

RC Competitor

Here is my setup on the MAX 6.

Again, this thing is a beast compared to the stock.

It's like adding a 150 shot of nitrous on your Muscle car

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    NICE! Glad to hear its a big upgrade over the stock!

oh and did you get the program card? if so, which one? link?
    Last edited by G-Rustler; 04-17-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    NICE! Glad to hear its a big upgrade over the stock!

oh and did you get the program card? if so, which one? link?
    I did not use a program card.

I just used the manual selections which you adjust with the select button on the ESC power switch.

It is very easy to adjust once you know what you are doing.

Just read the instructions and follow them as it says and this things is very easy to adjust.

But yes, it is definitely worth every penny on this upgrade.

Can't wait to put in the Leopard motor

RC Racer
    Yunior, the problem with trying to use the Leopard 5892 along with the Max 6 in the stock ESC location is there is simply not enough room. Kershaw Designs confirmed this for me when I emailed them. Their motor mount places the motor 10mm closer to the ESC, and after taking measurements I found there's no way to for the motor using the KD mount. In fact, even the 5882 motor (which I believe is actually only 56mm in diameter) would be a very tight fit. However, the new 5874 will likely fit using the KD mount, but the verdict is still out as far as it being more powerful than the stock motor. Someone do that conversion and report their results please!

RC Champion
    Max6Maxx- what's do u have your lvc set at on your Max6? I have mine set on high is it suppose to cutout at 3.7v?

RC Racer
    I also have mine LVC set to high. My voltages after the batteries cool are between 3.65-3.70, which is perfect in my opinion.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Max6XMaxx View Post
    Yunior, the problem with trying to use the Leopard 5892 along with the Max 6 in the stock ESC location is there is simply not enough room. Kershaw Designs confirmed this for me when I emailed them. Their motor mount places the motor 10mm closer to the ESC, and after taking measurements I found there's no way to for the motor using the KD mount. In fact, even the 5882 motor (which I believe is actually only 56mm in diameter) would be a very tight fit. However, the new 5874 will likely fit using the KD mount, but the verdict is still out as far as it being more powerful than the stock motor. Someone do that conversion and report their results please!
    Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I will go ahead and get the KD mount just to be safe.

No biggie.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Max6XMaxx View Post
    I also have mine LVC set to high. My voltages after the batteries cool are between 3.65-3.70, which is perfect in my opinion.
    Oh ok cool when I took off the battery it warm and a bit swollen voltage was 3.75 but I didn't check when it cooled down already..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunior View Post
    Ok. So I got the Max 6 installed.

Punch was set to 5.

Let me tell you, my Xmaxx is a brand new beast.

Don't expect it to gain so much speed, but do expect a major increase in acceleration and torque.

This thing now picks up acceleration like crazy and wheelies are easily made from half throttle.

So if you are in thinking about getting the HW Max 6 ESC do not break your head, JUST get it. You won't regret it.

Installation was very easy and it fits like if it came with the truck.
    Are you using Traxxas connectors?

EDIT: disregard, the photo above answers my question

RC Champion
    Are you using Traxxas connectors?

EDIT: disregard, the photo above answers my question
    I have the Max5 I'm using Traxxas connectors and they're working fine,

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    I have the Max5 I'm using Traxxas connectors and they're working fine,
    Cool. That was my next question lol was wondering if the trx connectors were holding up with max ESC's. I should be ordering my Max6 soon.

RC Champion
    Cool. That was my next question lol was wondering if the trx connectors were holding up with max ESC's. I should be ordering my Max6 soon.
    I'm loving my Max5 truck is a different beast even with stock motor,,I'm pretty sure You will love Max6 esc

RC Racer
    when installing the plugs on the end of the max 6 esc (the 3 wires That go to the motor)
    How long do you make them? I don't have my oem stuff to see.
    it got returned to traxxas under warranty which they replaced but I did purchase a max 6 as well

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by olliewog View Post
    when installing the plugs on the end of the max 6 esc (the 3 wires That go to the motor)
    How long do you make them? I don't have my oem stuff to see.
    it got returned to traxxas under warranty which they replaced but I did purchase a max 6 as well
    I have the Max5 which is mounted up on the rail,my wire is about 31/2 inch but since u have the max6 maybe 2-3inch is good.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    I have the Max5 which is mounted up on the rail,my wire is about 31/2 inch but since u have the max6 maybe 2-3inch is good.
    If you route the max 6 wires towards the motor then come back to the front of truck you wont have to shorten them. That's how I did my install anyway.
    Fortenwinkler

RC Competitor
    This is a video of me with the new Max 6 ESC. Running on 18/50. This thing is a beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNtUYOqRziw

No cooling issues at all.

Everything was warm to the touch.

RC poster
    Awesome video Yunior. Nice job with the Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Awesome video Yunior. Nice job with the Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It was actually shot with Gopro 4 and DJI Inspire.

RC poster
    So a quick question.. installing the max6 shouldn't interfere with the telemetry right? Since the telemetry module is plugged into the traxxas receiver.

RC poster
    Which batteries are you guys using with the Max5/6 setups? Stock truck geared 18/50 cooked 2 pairs of Traxxas 3s 5000 lipos in just 4 runs. Considering the Max5 or 6 but want to make sure I don't get batts that are going to puff.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairplayinc View Post
    Which batteries are you guys using with the Max5/6 setups? Stock truck geared 18/50 cooked 2 pairs of Traxxas 3s 5000 lipos in just 4 runs. Considering the Max5 or 6 but want to make sure I don't get batts that are going to puff.

Right now I'm still running 3s 5000mah Traxxas its puffing after runs but it's been 12 cycles of usage it becomes normal when it's cooled down,also running smc 4s 5200mah 60c(hard case)only had 4 runs through it but so far no issue

i've been leaning towards the MMX but this thread makes me think the max 6 would be better. decisions decisions
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

RC Competitor
    18 54 max6 running 8s no cogging here as well

RC Competitor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beRsin_62wo

Hi guys just ashort vid of my Xmaxx at the beach,running Max6 8s esc 18 54 i am loving this Truck

RC Competitor
    Is there any waterproof esc with datalogging ability for our truck? I'm close to ordering the Max5 or maybe max6 esc but I would love to have the possibility of setting it up and logging data with a computer. I can even do that on my tiny 20A racequad esc's so why not on these

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by minim View Post
    Is there any waterproof esc with datalogging ability for our truck? I'm close to ordering the Max5 or maybe max6 esc but I would love to have the possibility of setting it up and logging data with a computer. I can even do that on my tiny 20A racequad esc's so why not on these
    I haven't found any capable of that. The main issue seems to be that they all have huge cap banks which can't be sealed easily.

RC Competitor
    But the cap's themselves are sealed so then it should only be the connectors to the circuit board that is the problem. Don't the Max5/6 have the caps open like all the others? There are huge voltage spikes on brushless ESC's so those cap banks are needed. I've measured this on a 40A ESC and with/without cap's is a huge difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12