RC Racer

Finished Brushless Conversion!!

Well I have finally finished my Revo 3.3 Brushless Conversion using the Teckno conversion kit. I wasn't too surprised at the speed since I already have an awesome E-Revo. Just wanted to share with you the build results in anyone is interested. After getting rid of all the nitro equipment I rebuilt the Revo with the following:

• Teckno brushless conversion kit (motor mount, ESC mount, receiver box)
    • Locked into 2nd gear using the popular 2nd gear lock mod
    • Avid Revolution bearings all around
    • RPM TrueTrack in rear
    • RPM a-arms
    • RPM axle carriers
    • Hot Racing rings for pivot balls
    • RPM bumpers (front and rear)
    • Traxxas rear wing kit
    • Traxxas aluminum toe links
    • Traxxas CVD's
    • Traxxas sway bar kit
    • Monster Mamba 2 ESC
    • Castle Creations 2200 Motor
    • Traxxas blue aluminum shock bodies (GTR shocks) with blue/silver springs
    • Robinsion Racing Slipper Clutch paired with mod 1 Robinson Racing pinion
    • Hitec 7950TH single servo
    • Castle Creations 10amp BEC

I love the look of it. I've noticed that the Hitech 7950 servo that can run at either 6v or 7.4v doesn't like to work very well with the Monster Mamba 2 ESC (even when setting the internal BEC to 6v). It was very glitchy. After I added the CC BEC and set it to 7.4v it worked flawlessly. I need to clean up the wiring a bit as it doesn't look to slick. Clean wiring is not my forte. I will post some pictures in the next post.

Thanks!
    XMaxx/EMaxx/ERevo/Summit/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit

RC Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Tphjill View Post

I wish I did that to my nitro Revo... Lol very cool!!

RC Qualifier
    That thing is a beast!
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

Also it looks like one of your tires are mounted backwards. Not to be nit picky. Lol... Just sayin' but I'm regretting selling my nitro cars more and more as time goes on when I got my jato, tmaxx, and revo I was an rc noob. If anything lol I should've sold two and got the brushless conversion kit for one... But if I had the money I would just buy a nitro Revo that doesn't have s working motor and get the kit lol

RC Racer
    Which tire do you think is mounted backwards? These are pre-mounted tires from Proline so I hope one is not backwards!

Does anyone have any good tips on clean wiring?

One tip I have for those of you that want to install a CC BEC, instead of going to the hassle of soldering the BEC leads into the same wires that are in the Traxxas connectors is to use the RPM (not the company, but telemetry sensor) sensor power tap that piggybacks on the standard Traxxas connector. It only has the red wire on it but the other pin pulls out very easily compared to a normal connector and you can solder the black wire onto it. Then it just snaps over the standard connector. Very easy. It is part number TRA6541.
    Last edited by Tphjill; 04-08-2016 at 04:49 PM.

That os a nice build,looks like my mount is not teckno after all, I forgot which one it is but git it as a gift from a membre.

I will do my conversion in a while as I am slowly building the parts from box. I think I have enough parts to build three more revo 3.3, so one is going to be a platinum that I just started a thread on and one a converted to brushless, I already have a revo running as a basher and two erevo brushless but definetely want a converted one...

What is the part number for the esc mount or it comes as a kit mentioned on their site.

Surprising you have probs with the hitec servo, I set mine upto 7v wih the MM2 with no probs, my futaba receiver can take upto 7.4 so I guess that also helps. Maybe with all the telemetry, hared with he servo etc, had an effect on the iniial set up. Glad to hear the external bec helped it out though.
    Live life to the fullest

It looks like the tread isn't all going the same direction lol. And what exactly is a bec?

RC Racer
    I didn't even think about the tread direction! LOL. I bet if I just changed them left to right the treads would all go the same way. That being said, I still don't see a tire mounted backwards? Unless you were just talking about the tread direction?

A BEC is a "Battery Eliminator Circuit". In short it allows you to power your servos directly from the battery instead of the ESC. You can adjust the voltage of the BEC to send exactly the amount of volts to your servos that allow them to perform the best. Most BEC's (at least Castle Creations) have internal BECs built into the ESC which are adjustable; however most of the limits are 7v at most. (Some of newer ESC's might be higher, I'm not positive). Some aftermarket servos such as my Hitec 7950TH can operate at either 6v or 7.4v. At 7.4 volts it is a quicker reaction time and more torque. Thus the BEC allows me to send a full 7.4 volts to my servo instead of having the ESC only send either 6 or 7v. If you want more information just google it or look on Castle Creations website.

RC Racer
    Jeeza, the Teckno kit comes with the ESC mount that mounts on top of your transmission. The kit part number is TKR4001. If you want to just purchase the ESC mount you can do that too. The part number is TKR40014 and TRK40015 (tray and bracket).

Jeeza, the Teckno kit comes with the ESC mount that mounts on top of your transmission. The kit part number is TKR4001. If you want to just purchase the ESC mount you can do that too. The part number is TKR40014 and TRK40015 (tray and bracket).
    Thanks , awsome, yes its thr rcm mount that I have......I will check the tray and esc mount
    Live life to the fullest

I didn't even think about the tread direction! LOL. I bet if I just changed them left to right the treads would all go the same way. That being said, I still don't see a tire mounted backwards? Unless you were just talking about the tread direction?

A BEC is a "Battery Eliminator Circuit". In short it allows you to power your servos directly from the battery instead of the ESC. You can adjust the voltage of the BEC to send exactly the amount of volts to your servos that allow them to perform the best. Most BEC's (at least Castle Creations) have internal BECs built into the ESC which are adjustable; however most of the limits are 7v at most. (Some of newer ESC's might be higher, I'm not positive). Some aftermarket servos such as my Hitec 7950TH can operate at either 6v or 7.4v. At 7.4 volts it is a quicker reaction time and more torque. Thus the BEC allows me to send a full 7.4 volts to my servo instead of having the ESC only send either 6 or 7v. If you want more information just google it or look on Castle Creations website.
    That's cool! Really cool!

Your rear tires are reversed is what they were saying.

RC Racer
    Lol! I never knew or noticed the tread direction on the road tires. Learn something new everyday! Thanks all!

Lol! I never knew or noticed the tread direction on the road tires. Learn something new everyday! Thanks all!
    The tread pattern creates an arrow of sorts. The "arrow" should always point forward. That goes for 99% of tread patterns like that be it off or on road. They are directional. They are designed to only turn one direction for maximum siping action and traction.
    Happy Motoring!

RC Racer
    the canyons on the summit are in that 1% club. the arrows of sorts point in reverse as to act like cups for climbing things.