RC Enthusiast

Lightbulb 3.3 to electric help

I just picked up a 3.3 without motor. Seems complete otherwise. I'm interested in converting to electric. I'm curious if I can simply buy the erevo chassis section, disassemble mine and reassemble on the new chassis. I would also purchase erevo tranny and motor mount. If this conversion will work, will I need anything else? If it works, I plan on using current build as electric, then spend the next few months building the nitro chassis into a bullet proof big block build. I'm only interested in converting to electric right now so please keep answers geared as such. I know I can build an electric conversion kit for the nitro, but I'd rather go as close to a true erevo. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

RC Racer
    Someone does sell a conversion kit for nitro to electric, I would go with the Castle creations mamba monster 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use all the suspension and whatnot from the 3.3 on the stock E-Revo chassis. The transmission and center shafts ARE NOT the same. Best thing to do is go to the traxxas website, pull up exploded views of the 3.3 and the ERBE so you can see part numbers.

RC Enthusiast
    I already ordered the erevo chassis section. I planned on buying new tranny and center driveshafts. I was mostly concerned with if the front and rear sections would simply transfer over. This is my first revo so I wasn't sure of parts interchangeability. Figured worse case I'd just slowly build them up. I have a mm2 setup I plan to use

Also have a look at this thread

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ess-Conversion!!
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the thread link. That's a nice build. I'm familiar with the techno conversion and I thought about going that route. However, I wanted a cleaner look with batteries in the trays as opposed to on top of the chassis to one side. I feel there better protected in the chassis trays. I'm considering selling off the nitro parts to help with the build cost too or I'm going to save them for a future build. Not sure yet

RC Enthusiast
    Can anyone tell me or point me into the direction of the 2nd gear mod?

Not sure what you're asking. If you have a 2 speed e gearbox and you want only second gear, loosen the shift point up as far as possible. If you're buying a gearbox anyway, but one from a Brushless Edition.

RC Enthusiast
    I currently have the 2speed nitro on it. I plan on buying new erevo tranny and all new all metal driveshafts front rear and center. I was just curious about the mod to lock the 2 speed nitro in second

Just loosen the shift point up. On the trans it marked shift later I think. Go the other way.

Screw the primary clutch assembly inside the transmission to the second gear. Just make sure that you put the screws even so that it is not unbalanced. I don't have a direct link right now, but there are a few threads with pics here; give it a quick search.
    The Super Derecho