RC poster

New to rc world and glad to be here

Hey I'm Justin, this is my (approx) 1/6 scale slash 4x4 project I've been building. It started as just a basher and I got bored and bought a crawler, then after a few months of collecting dust I was about to sell it and I spotted this R34 Nissan GT-R shell at a yard sale and thought man I can make that fit on top of a slash chassis instead of selling it! I had quite a bit of time into my slash (mip's, radio gear, esc, motors, basically rebuilt completely since I bought used).

So there is a lot that went into the redesign of the chassis and suspension (atleast with my knowledge of these things) to make it a road car in a bigger scale. I've taken it to about 50-60 so far 32 actually confirmed (need a cheap gps unit, cell phone isn't a good idea). I've recently fitted a castle mamba max x esc and waiting for a castle emaxx 2200 motor, I've got the chassis figured out and well but I want a good all around gearing setup for 50-60mph and good acceleration for drifting in a vacant parking lot. I've read recently with a similar setup using a 24/52 or so will be good for no heat, top and low ends of running for about 30-40 mins.

i run 22/50, and it runs nice and cool and will still hit 50 with my sidewinder 2200 kv 8th sale system
    Upgraded Slash 4x4 | 75+ MPH

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashSlayer4x4 View Post
    i run 22/50, and it runs nice and cool and will still hit 50 with my sidewinder 2200 kv 8th sale system
    I'm running the same setup (22/50), I hit 45 with ease on 3s. I'm sure 50-60 is in play on 4s.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

Quote Originally Posted by 666thSlash View Post
    Hey I'm Justin, this is my (approx) 1/6 scale slash 4x4 project I've been building. It started as just a basher and I got bored and bought a crawler, then after a few months of collecting dust I was about to sell it and I spotted this R34 Nissan GT-R shell at a yard sale and thought man I can make that fit on top of a slash chassis instead of selling it! I had quite a bit of time into my slash (mip's, radio gear, esc, motors, basically rebuilt completely since I bought used).

So there is a lot that went into the redesign of the chassis and suspension (atleast with my knowledge of these things) to make it a road car in a bigger scale. I've taken it to about 50-60 so far 32 actually confirmed (need a cheap gps unit, cell phone isn't a good idea). I've recently fitted a castle mamba max x esc and waiting for a castle emaxx 2200 motor, I've got the chassis figured out and well but I want a good all around gearing setup for 50-60mph and good acceleration for drifting in a vacant parking lot. I've read recently with a similar setup using a 24/52 or so will be good for no heat, top and low ends of running for about 30-40 mins.
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

Sounds like you have a great idea! I am running the El Sob special motor system ( 2400 kv motor ) and am geared 21/50 and easily get into the mid 50's. Good luck with your truck and please post pictures
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Thank you for the warm welcome do plan to post many pics as soon as I'm able, this thing is so much interesting it has to be shared!

Thank you for the gearing input, I greatly appreciate it, I have a vast knowledge base of mechanics and what it just not rc, yet..how are your temps and run times on what batteries? I'm using lectron 2s 5200 and 7600
    Last edited by 666thSlash; 04-18-2016 at 10:33 AM.

RC poster
    How do you add pics?!

Thank you for the warm welcome do plan to post many pics as soon as I'm able, this thing is so much interesting it has to be shared!

Thank you for the gearing input, I greatly appreciate it, I have a vast knowledge base of mechanics and what it just not rc, yet..how are your temps and run times on what batteries? I'm using lectron 2s 5200 and 7600
    Depends on MAH. on a 50c 2s 5000Mah ill get 20-30 minutes depending on how hard i run it. It all depends on driving style. Good batteries matter too, i've heard nothing but good reviews from SPC and SMC.
    Upgraded Slash 4x4 | 75+ MPH

Your rig sounds great. Waiting for pics...

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...sting-Tutorial

I run 20/50 on 3S and get in the low 40 MPGs in thick grass:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5967022

This is with my older MM2/2200 system.

I have not had a chance to do test/temp runs my MMX/2200 yet...

Have fun and get them pics up!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    Thank you much, you've got quite the build so far! I'll be in comms with you for sure on the results I get on gearing more. Did you try a 54 spur much yet? I have a couple pinions for my new motor when it gets here but I haven't played with the spur yet

Is posting from Instagram legal?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-19-2016 at 06:51 AM. Reason: merge
    1/6 slash 4x4 R34 GT-R mamba max x sys

RC Qualifier
    Is posting from Instagram legal?
    Sure. Take the direct link and put it into [*IMG] linky [*/IMG] without the "*"

Thank you much, you've got quite the build so far! I'll be in comms with you for sure on the results I get on gearing more. Did you try a 54 spur much yet? I have a couple pinions for my new motor when it gets here but I haven't played with the spur yet
    Back when I ran the VXL-3S/2400 on 3S, I ran 18/54:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5884721

RC poster
    The start:

Modding:

Undershot:

Last edited by 666thSlash; 04-18-2016 at 03:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Nice! That stretched out one is cool.

(Use the direct link, not the E-Mail & IM link).

RC Competitor
    I can't see any picture.

RC poster
    Thank you, I'm sure it'll be easier to use when I get home. Dang it I hate being puter literate...
    Last edited by 666thSlash; 04-18-2016 at 03:06 PM.

That will be awsome to see.

Your pictures are not opening up.....
    Live life to the fullest

Here you go:

The start:

Modding:

Undershot:

RC poster
    Lol thank you, sorry I'm at work at get little spurts of interweb time.. The tires/wheels have changed a lot for the skyline build, running 2.8 anacondas and for drag I'm using a stock axial yeti xl wheel with proline road rage 3.8 tires! The suspension has changed a bit, running all four proline ps, integy Orange rear springs and black up front, I need stiff for a drift car! The sway bars have helped tremendously too. I used a rally front bumper set and a custom foam absorber due to the size required, next is the xo-1 under fairings and rear diffuser set

What exactly did I not have right in the pic post's code?
    Last edited by 666thSlash; 04-18-2016 at 03:18 PM.

What exactly did I not have right in the pic post's code?
    From your computer:
    1. When opening your picture in Photobucket, look to the upper right corner of the window.
    There is a section called: SHARE THIS PHOTO
    2. Directly below it says "Direct" and has a box next to that with the image address "http://......"
    3. Click there and it should blink yellow and say "Copied."
    4. Once you do that, you can come here and click on the insert photo icon.
    5. When the window pops up, paste the copied image address and hot OK.
    6. After that, just post your message.

From your phone (Photobucket App):
    1. Open your image,
    2. Tap the info icon on the bottom left corner,
    3. Tap the "Direct" link (should turn light pastel green and say "Link Copied."
    4. Follow steps 4-6 above.

Good luck and have fun!

I just copy the img info from photobucket and paste it directly into my reply?
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC poster
    Thank you squeegie, I have been on a few pther forums for cars and whatnot but never had to do this much to post a pic..

Got a sweet update

I got a "spare" monster x set today and loaded the 2200kv motor in with a 14t pinion.. It's 90 degrees today April in WA we are wondering what is up), the torque to speed ratio to heat is nearly perfect! I'm waiting on the fan to get hear tomorow and the rest of the goodies will be here at the end of the week! I need a good/cheap GPS unit to track speed and stuff, also the esc is untouched, I need to update my field card but I really want to download the castle link software but my internet isn't the best being sourced off my cell.

Man I need to post up some more pics! I put the 2.8 proline badlands back on.. Think Xmaxx and the 1/10 rally boning and they created this thing lol, not a grass runner anymore but literally sprays a 25ft wall of 3/8 minus rock that's in my driveway, smooth surfaces like basketball courts; golden just watch the temps. I'm thinkin of using a computer liquid cooling system and a boat cooling sleeve to make a "intercooler" and "radiator" system

Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-19-2016 at 06:53 AM. Reason: merge & bypassing the language abuse

RC Racer
    That's an awesome build. Love the ingenuity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    From your computer:
    1. When opening your picture in Photobucket, look to the upper right corner of the window.
    There is a section called: SHARE THIS PHOTO
    2. Directly below it says "Direct" and has a box next to that with the image address "http://......"
    3. Click there and it should blink yellow and say "Copied."
    4. Once you do that, you can come here and click on the insert photo icon.
    5. When the window pops up, paste the copied image address and hot OK.
    6. After that, just post your message.

From your phone (Photobucket App):
    1. Open your image,
    2. Tap the info icon on the bottom left corner,
    3. Tap the "Direct" link (should turn light pastel green and say "Link Copied."
    4. Follow steps 4-6 above.

Good luck and have fun!
    I just tried it and you can click in the "IMG" box instead of the "DIRECT" box.
    Once it says "copied," you can just enter it into the reply box here. No need to hit the photo icon...

RC poster
    So yesterday I received the xo1 under tray and diffuser set, the sides were nearly a direct fit but are coming up just a couple inches short.. I'm going to splice them longer but I really like the functional air duct! I'm going to put some mesh screen over it to help kee the chassis clean as where I run there is lots of small rocks that can get picked up easily.

RC Qualifier
    I use the phone app Taptalk to post pictures. It's the easiest way for me.

RC Qualifier
    I running a 20 tooth pinion and a 50 spur in my slash with a 2200kv and a mm2, running 4s it has gotten up to 62. But I also have it sitting as a low rider and on street tires.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    ERBE, EMBE, big block MERV, Sl4sh

RC poster
    Haha awesome post up a pic!

RC poster
    Hit 36 mph today, go the diffuser done earlier after getting the rest of the metal for a couple projects.