RC Qualifier

Proline Ford Raptor Stampede XL5 Brussless Upgrade!

Recently upgraded my XL5 Stampede to a HobbyWing EzRun 2300kv System, full Ball Bearing, Duratrax Hatchet MT Wheels/Tires which by the way have the most incredible traction, and a Proline Ford F150 Raptor Pre-Painted Body Next on the list full Turnbuckle upgrade

Burn it...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    2300kv hmmmm interesting

Whatever you do, try to stay away from the traxxas colorful aluminum links. The Stock VXL links are more durable.
    We are all one race. The human race.

+1 in the vxl links, for whatever reason the one for the pedes are not as durable as the ones tor he revos, maxxs etc.

For a 2300 kv motor that can looks small, how are you liking her handling.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    [QUOTE=Jezza;6215867

For a 2300 kv motor that can looks small, how are you liking her handling.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking. probably a typo??? With a 2300kv he'd have to gear that thing to the moon to get it going.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    2300kv hmmmm interesting

Whatever you do, try to stay away from the traxxas colorful aluminum links. The Stock VXL links are more durable.
    Thanks for the tip gona buy the pede vxl set
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    +1 in the vxl links, for whatever reason the one for the pedes are not as durable as the ones tor he revos, maxxs etc.

For a 2300 kv motor that can looks small, how are you liking her handling.
    Im probably just gona buy the pede vxl set from eBay, the ones removed from a new pede this way its fast easy to install and cheap lol, the motor is a 540 2300kv, trust me to much power
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. probably a typo??? With a 2300kv he'd have to gear that thing to the moon to get it going.
    Actually i have it geared the same as the pede vxl, the 2300kv has more torque than the 3800kv, on a 3s lipo it shredds on a 4s i can't even control it, post a video soon so everyone can judge for themselves
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Below is the link for the video comparison, i also installed a wheelie bar obviously i needed it lol

YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/Pjv5pkC9AK8
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Upgraded to VXL Turnbuckles, and upgraded from a HobbyWing 540 2300kv motor to a HobbyStar 550 3500kv motor, was looking for more torque, not that the 2300kv wasnt good enough it was but i want something even more ridiculous i have to say i thought the motor was gonna be average at best bc of its $30 price tag i figured even if its not great who cares its 30 dollars but so not the case the motor is a BEAST!!! i recommend it to anyone, now for the reliability we will have to wait and see

Burn it...

Looking good, you will never look for anything elese once you use the vxl links, I still have my first ones on a slash build two years ago and all my previous 2wd pedes too had them along with strc hinge pins with locked nuts for all the trucks.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Looking good, you will never look for anything elese once you use the vxl links, I still have my first ones on a slash build two years ago and all my previous 2wd pedes too had them along with strc hinge pins with locked nuts for all the trucks.
    Thanks Jezza! very happy with the way its coming along, others had said i wont need to ever replace them if i install vxl links
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Just upgraded to a set of Traxxas 5862 Big Bore Aluminum Shocks! And my review of the Proline Ford Raptor body is an A+ its held up to some serious bashing, sorry to say the stock Pede body is graded an F it literally cracked on the first run!

Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Because of PhotoBucket all of Our Build Threads have been ruined they should be ashamed of themselves Hy-jacking our photos and then ask for $500 to get them back SMH... So I Built a Website that has all my Builds on there whoever wants to see the pictures please click on the link below!

https://theworldoftraxxas.shutterfly.com/
    Burn it...