RC Qualifier

Motor options if using an X-Maxx ESC?

Hi Everyone,
    I'm still new to this stuff, but I have an ERevo roller (with Losi diff mod and axles) and a spare X-Maxx ESC I plan on using.

What would be a good motor choice? I need something that would be easy to install (I'm not able to custom make any mounts or anything fancy like that). I was wondering if maybe a 1900kv motor would be a better match for this ESC.

Thanks for any ideas!

Adam

The VXL-6s (which is the stock Xmaxx ESC) is a re-branded Mamba Monster X and you can use a 2200 kv motor with it. From Castle you can buy it with the 1515-2200 kv or the 1512-2650 motors. I'd recommend the 2200 kv motor as it has sufficient torque for the ERBE.
    Happy Motoring!

+1 on what COBRAX has mentioned, the 2200 does a great job on the erbe and with you lst diffs in, 6s id definetely no struggle.

Now if you want to go 8s then that is a differnt story, some people have used the 1717 motor, 1650kv motor, you will need a speacial mount for it.

I have not gone that way yet but have been tempted for a long time, running the XL2 on my erebe
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    I don't believe the VXL-6s is a rebranded Monster X. Everything I have read states that VXL-6s is made by Traxxas. There is even is a recall on that ESC and it not associated with Castle Creations.
    XMaxx/EMaxx/ERevo/Summit/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by C0BRAX View Post
    The VXL-6s (which is the stock Xmaxx ESC) is a re-branded Mamba Monster X and you can use a 2200 kv motor with it.
    no the vxl-6s in the x maxx is NOT an castle esc.

bye
    rhylsadar
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Qualifier
    Castle wouldn't use a one touch "battery drainer" button.

Remember to have your pets spade and neutered and always unplug your lipos.

Wow, I'm sorry guys. I was misinformed by my LHS. Guess that's what I get for taking him at his word and not doing the research myself. Lesson learned I suppose. Lol
    Happy Motoring!

RC Racer
    Hope we didn't come across rude.

Thanks!
    XMaxx/EMaxx/ERevo/Summit/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by Tphjill View Post
    Hope we didn't come across rude.

Thanks!
    Not at all. I felt dumb for spouting off about something I never verified personally.
    Happy Motoring!

RC Champion
    Don't worry I have been given bad info from a LHS, thankfully they are not in business anymore. Learn from mistakes and research before you buy. And ask here if your not sure. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience here.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX coming soon...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AGHolman View Post
    spare X-Maxx ESC I plan on using.
    You randomly have a spare X-Maxx ESC? Lol awesome! But I would suggest the 2200kv motors work best with the E-Revo's most guys have found. I would suggest getting a castle if you can afford it, have had nothing but great experiences running their product. Decent customer service if you have questions too, that always helps. I run nothing but 6S with mine with 18/65 gearing and it's plenty fast and fun surprisingly nothing has broken but little odds and ends lol.

RC Qualifier
    Ha, yes, I "randomly" do since I upgraded my X-Maxx with the HW Max6.

I bought a Sagacustom RC motor mount and a used XO-1 motor to run in this ERevo roller.

The guy suggested running 24/40 MOD 1 gears and to keep an eye on temps. I think I have a 22 and 23 tooth pinion I'll try first before going up to the 24. I've been told to stay on 4s for sanity and for the transmission's sake, but I know I'll want to have fun with 6s since what's the point of using this larger motor if I can't make it go crazy.