RC poster

Question Emaxx Brushed to Brushless

Hello. I have recently purchased an emaxx brushed with a mamba monster connected to it. The previous owner didn't change any of the transmission of it. (some simple red duck tape covering the place where the second motor goes). I have been into rc for a long time. But what parts do I need to fully convert this to a brushless car? I know I'm not getting the correct gear ratios and all. Any advice is appreciated. I didn't know exactly where to post this. So I hope no now gets super angry.

RC Qualifier
    check here cause it's hard to say! There a lot do do, depend on your budget and where you willing ti bring it!
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC Racer
    I did the brushed conversion a few years ago and never changed the motor mount, gearing wise I run 21/65 and its seems to be a good mix of low end power and high end speed.

post a picture of the truck you have. I have a feeling you have the first version of it and it is completely different from the new stuff. You'll need to buy a new roller to fully convert it, if that is the case.
    "RED"

RC poster
    http://imgur.com/Ydh9IZG
    There is the picture link. It has a mamba monster sidewinder 8. It's "waterproof" but I don't feel comfortable with it going through puddles with this old esc. I ran it today, But I broke a piece. haha. I need to buy a 17mm wrench because it didn't come with one. I'm just worried about the original duel motor gearing and the transmission.

Well which e maxx do you have? Old style or new style?

If its the new style, you just need the single motor mounting plate and gear cover. Tranny is brushless ready although the slipper could use some heavy duty friction pads.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    If its the new style, you just need the single motor mounting plate and gear cover. Tranny is brushless ready although the slipper could use some heavy duty friction pads.
    I believe its the newer model. Are you sure that the tranny is bristles ready. I already have a mamba. Do I have to change any of the gear from the mounting plates?

Yup, all newer model Maxxes are brushless ready including the transmission. Again, heavy duty alum slipper pads are recommended though.

You may also need some miscellaneous hardware but thats all. You can check the exploded views for exact part numbers and such. Theyre available for download on the traxxas website.
    10 RCs and counting 😅