RC poster

Sort of new to current RC

I had an RC car a LONG time ago and I am getting back into it. I really like the Latrax Rally cars but I am concerned with the run time on the batteries, so naturally I came here to ask you guys what I should choose between a Traxxas Rally and a LaTrax Rally.

Regardless of what I choose I will be opting for an upgraded brushless system and some nice batteries to maximize run time. I don't want to spend more time charging batteries than I'll spend running my RC.

RC Qualifier
    Totally personal preference, but when things get smaller than 1/10th, I lose interest fast. I can't explain why, they are simply too small for me to get into. Plus, the amount of places you can drive it are so much better with a 1/10th Rally...at the end of the day, it's a Slash 4x4 and can do many if not all of the same things.

Of the two you listed, 1/10th Rally and a couple 5000mah LIPO batteries, and you are set. Again, my opinion.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

RC poster
    What kind of run time does a rally get on 5000MaH packs? How long do they take to charge?

RC Qualifier
    Depends on how you drive. Depends on what you are charging with. If I had to estimate...20-30 minutes to use, hour and 15 to charge. The key is multiple batteries, lol.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

RC Qualifier
    do not get the Latrax Rally if you are coming back into the RC. Their are not durable, break easily, certain parts are hard to find and its 1/18 scale which is smaller than the Traxxas 1/16 scale rally which is not offered anymore.

it would be a waste of money.

I would recommend 1/10 scale and I personally think the best bang for the buck is the team associated proRally.

but do research as you can find some great deals used and new but be wary of the latrax rally.