Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro2A's X Maxx

Pro2A's X Maxx

Hi guys, I went to my local hobby shop a couple of weeks ago to pick up an X Maxx. I wasn't Surprised when they told me it was out of stock. I didnt want to leave empty-handed so I picked up a brushless e revo (I have been bashing my revo 3.3 for some time) Well I went back the next day to pick up a second set of 3s lipos for the revo and noticed they got one in..........I have to tell you what, this box isn't easy to sneak in the house LOL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Hi guys, I went to my local hobby shop a couple of weeks ago to pick up an X Maxx. I wasn't Surprised when they told me it was out of stock. I didnt want to leave empty-handed so I picked up a brushless e revo (I have been bashing my revo 3.3 for some time) Well I went back the next day to pick up a second set of 3s lipos for the revo and noticed they got one in..........I have to tell you what, this box isn't easy to sneak in the house LOL

Congrats your gonna love the Xmaxx..

RC Qualifier
    Pro2A is in the house.

Have Fun
    fabricator

Hi guys, thank you very much. Yeah, I've been having a blast with X maxx for the past couple of weeks. I have been doing my research, watching the videos and reading all the posts. I decided to do a little upgrading........

I did add some fans to the stock esc and motor after swapping out the pinion and spur to 17/54 and had no heat issues. It's still not that hot out yet so I decided it would be better to go with the xl X for more power and less heat during the summer season

RC Competitor
    awesome your going to love it

Thank you the bullx, I have to say I am hooked. The size difference between the castle 2028 and the stock motor is crazy!!

Does it fit?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cazrack View Post
    Does it fit?
    It will fit but he needs to get KD's motor mount and pretty much new pinion gears

Hi guys, Yes, I did pick up the kershaw motor mount. I decided to try out the 48 tooth pinion with 54 tooth spur. It wasn't easy getting the Motor mounted after the pinion was installed so I cut one of my Allan keys to fit between pinion gear and motor mount. I remembered reading about that in one of the posts and it worked really well. I had to do a little modifications on the support but it seem to fit. What A surprise when I seen the size of the pinion gear, this thing is huge.

I also used the KD esc mount. I drilled a hole for the antenna and and decided to use castle connectors after I installed the traxxas. I really didn't like the way the traxxas fit. i also installed some foam under the motor for support. I didn't use a lot because I was worried about the foam keeping the heat in. after I am done with the install I want to run the truck with the castle fans blowing on the motor and take some temp readings then reverse them to have them pulled away from the motor and also take some temp readings. Then decide which way to keep them blowing.

Will stock tires hold or get spray painted everywhere?

I am not sure but I would think probably not. I am going to order some 1/5th scale wheeler adapters just in case. I just have decided what wheels to go with?

RC Qualifier
    I prefer the yoshi adapters, it comes with a spare now In case you forget the locktight and lose a spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caution, this message contains words.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolDeal View Post
    I prefer the yoshi adapters, it comes with a spare now In case you forget the locktight and lose a spacer.

Hi Kooldeal, thank you for your help on this. I was going to purchase the RC monster adapters. I'm not familiar with the Yoshi adapters? do you have a link to them? Thanks again

The RC-Monster product looks to be the real deal. They've been making very good products for a long time so you can be confident they will stand behind their product in the future.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Thank you ksb51rl, I have seen some reviews on the RC monster but I'm not familiar with the Yoshi adapters. I'm not saying they are no good, I just haven't seen anything on them. The RC monster seem to be made very well. I guess I will give them a shot. Does anybody have any recommendations for tires? Thanks again

RC poster
    Nice build you have there Pro2A. I'm waiting on my 5892 Leopard motor and mount from Kershaw.

I'm going to go with a set of Proline Trenchers mounted on some HPI BAJA 5SC rear wheels. Two sets of rear wheels for a Baja 5T should give a nice stance.

Hi jeb05, thank you very much for the kind words. Sounds like you have a really nice build going on over there yourself. I will definitely look into those trenchers. Kershaw was great to deal with. Very fast shipping! I placed another order again on Friday and tracking says it should be here by Tuesday.
    Thank you again for your help

I finished painting a decals on the new body today. I didn't install the body support yet. I thought it looked kinda cool without it but it will go on before I run it. i wanted to keep the colors simple on this one.

Hay guys, I haven't had a chance to pick up a garmin gps yet so the I phone 6s plus will have to do LOL

Waiting impatiently for some speed numbers :-)

Waiting impatiently for some speed numbers :-)
    Hi cazrack, I did have some practice runs out front that were reading mid 50's on the speedometer (I didn't really get on it) I decided to program the esc (via castle web site instructions) I had a problem with my esc during the programming. I sent it back to castle and should have a new one back any day now. I will be sure to get some numbers ASAP 👍

Maxx seems so naked like this

Cool stuff. I like the grey color on the body.
    6 X-MAXX's total one built from ground up 3 8s!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gunbar223 View Post
    Thank you gunbar, I wanted to keep that body simple. I was going to do a lighter black on black but decided to go with the white. Probably do the black next time. I have a clear body on order now, should be delivered anyday

Quote Originally Posted by gunbar223 View Post
    Thank you gunbar, I wanted to keep that body simple. I was going to do a lighter black on black but decided to go with the white. Probably do the black next time. I have a clear body on order now, should be delivered anyday

Pro2A's X Maxx

Hay guys, I was contacted by castle today, my new esc is in the mail on the way. Hopefully I will get some runtime by the beginning of the week. I picked up some new 4s lipos and venom charger. I installed the castle connectors on the batteries and charger wires (nothing more to do except charge the batteries and wait)
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-06-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Banned Products

I think stock tires will limit you, to much ballooning.

Yes I agree. I ordered my 1/5 scale wheel adapters. I just haven't decided which 1/5 scale tires to get yet.

Do you have a link to the 1/5 adapters you bought?

What tires do you plan to buy?, personally i would like some that balloon as little as possible.

Yes, that's pretty much what's been holding me back on purchasing tires. I know some of the guys are using the pro line trenchers. I just want to do a little more research before I purchase them. I know if you tape them up real well it should prevent some of the ballooning. I have been Thinking about purchasing 2 sets of the rear wheel pioneer tires. I have read some good things about them as well

Back in business.........Well for about 15 minutes anyway!! I received my esc back from castle today. The reinstall went easy. The truck was running great. Did some road runs and then a couple jumps in my yard. I started to notice a clicking noise and I knew right away what it was. I am going to order the KD diffs tonight

I dont think anyone is surprised ;-)

Have you tuned punch for a more smooth amp delivery?
    If every AMP that system deliver on 100% throttle gets pushed out instantly from low speed it will probobly rip everything that is possible rip after a couple of runs.

I dont think anyone is surprised ;-)

Have you tuned punch for a more smooth amp delivery?
    If every AMP that system deliver on 100% throttle gets pushed out instantly from low speed it will probobly rip everything that is possible rip after a couple of runs.
    No, I left it on the default setting. I guess I will change that. I was going to set it on lowest setting as it says it's best for most situations dirt and asphault. I then decided it would be best to go through all the settings and see how the truck reacted. just wanted to start with the default and then move down the list (didn't get to far) 😄

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    dang! that motor/esc combo must be a beast! considering you have to tame it....

Sorry for your downtime but PLEASE let us know how the KD diffs perform.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    dang! that motor/esc combo must be a beast! considering you have to tame it....

Sorry for your downtime but PLEASE let us know how the KD diffs perform.
    Hi G rustler, yes this motor/esc definitely a beast!!! No down time though. I had enough of that waiting for the replacement esc when it burnt up lol. I picked up another couple sets of stock diffs from my local hobby shop today to hold me over. I quickly installed them and now I am back in business. I emailed Kyle from KD about the stainless diffs. I want to make sure that they are available. It says on the site that they are available late May but it doesn't say in stock? I tuned down the esc to lowest setting and did some runs with no problems.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Hi G rustler, yes this motor/esc definitely a beast!!! No down time though. I had enough of that waiting for the replacement esc when it burnt up lol. I picked up another couple sets of stock diffs from my local hobby shop today to hold me over. I quickly installed them and now I am back in business. I emailed Kyle from KD about the stainless diffs. I want to make sure that they are available. It says on the site that they are available late May but it doesn't say in stock? I tuned down the esc to lowest setting and did some runs with no problems.
    Sounds good!
    We are all one race. The human race.

If you floor it hard will it wheelie on tarmac even when ESC punch is tuned all the way down?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast