Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro2A's X Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by cazrack View Post
    If you floor it hard will it wheelie on tarmac even when ESC punch is tuned all the way down?
    I have the truck set on lowest setting now. It's not the lowest in acceleration, it's the lowest next to no limiting at all.

(Very light acceleration limiting. Good for most situations including 4WD vehicles on dirt and asphalt, and 2WD vehicles on asphalt)

On this setting when I floor it hard off the line the tires just spin not to much of a wheelie. But, when I am accelerating I can't give full throttle or it will wheelie and flip over (I have to keep letting on the throttle to keep it controlled) It wheelies at any speed in motion. I am going to try the other setting in the next couple of days

RC Competitor
    Hey Pro2a where are you located on Long Island?

Quote Originally Posted by thebullx88 View Post
    Hey Pro2a where are you located on Long Island?
    Hey bullx, I live in Holtsville. Where are you located?

RC Competitor
    sweet not far im in Manorville, Me and my brother go to a park in Middle Island its called Cathedral Pines we use one of the fields there bring cones and stuff set up little tracks. We both have BLEREVO on 4s and i have a xmaxx on 8s
    Last edited by thebullx88; 05-13-2016 at 03:31 PM.

sweet not far im in Manorville, Me and my brother go to a park in Middle Island its called Cathedral Pines we use one of the fields there bring cones and stuff set up little tracks. We both have BLEREVO on 4s and i have a xmaxx on 8s
    That's awesome!! I used to go there with my brother mountain biking. I also have a BLERevo and X maxx as well. Maybe one day I can meet you guys there. I usually do some bashing with my nephew and now my daughter is getting into it. I just bought her a pink slash lol What hobby shop do you use?

RC Competitor
    Yeah we should deff set a day up we usually go 2x a month on sundays. Yes more people they merrier haha one of my brothers friends bring his son and daughter sometimes too its always a good time. Looks like your dog Is thrilled in the pic above hahah. Honestly I buy a lot of stuff online but I do go to bayshore hobbys and I sometimes travel to willis hobbies I have bought a few trucks from them.

Yeah we should deff set a day up we usually go 2x a month on sundays. Yes more people they merrier haha one of my brothers friends bring his son and daughter sometimes too its always a good time. Looks like your dog Is thrilled in the pic above hahah. Honestly I buy a lot of stuff online but I do go to bayshore hobbys and I sometimes travel to willis hobbies I have bought a few trucks from them.
    Sounds great!! We should definitely do that. My daughters are usually running around with my wife on Sunday's but my nephew will definitely be into going. He is running a brushless slash that he is always doing something to haha
    I am usually at bayshore hobbies (Bobby has a very good selection and is a really nice guy) I haven't been to Willis hobbies yet. Maybe I will try and take a ride there this weekend.
    My wife was saying yesterday that I have been going to bayshore hobbies a lot lately so I panicked and bought what ever X maxx parts he had lol

RC Competitor
    hahah you sound just like me im one of those guys who has like at least 1 to 2 spares for everything my dresser draws are filled with parts instead of clothes Willis is nice to the people in there are cool they have a big selection as well it would deff be worth the ride to go and check it out. Do you ever go out during the week? im usually off Wednesday and Thursday and I sometimes go out for a bash. we have a lot of runs as well I have 10runs worth of batteries for my revo and 4 as of now for my xmaxx we like to go out for the day if the trucks are willing to stay alive hah

RC Racer
    OK,your the winner of the biggest motor and killer ESC, now what are you gonna do. Don't tell me your gonna gear it to keep the front end down, aint gonna happen, pull the wheels up and you just lost the race, but it looks awesome. Lets race, LOL. That motor is for a 5T.

Haha yeah, I try and keep as many parts on hand as I can. The X maxx stuff isn't around as much so I buy them when I see them. I usually get home around 2 to 3 o'clock so if you ever want to take the trucks out for a couple of hours during the week that would be great!
    WOW!! You guys have a lot of runs haha I really do need to pick up some more sets of batteries. I have 4 sets of 3s for my revo and 2 sets of 4s for my X maxx. I have been shopping on line tonight for another set of 4s for X maxx. The 4s lipos I usually use seem to be on back order?

Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    OK,your the winner of the biggest motor and killer ESC, now what are you gonna do. Don't tell me your gonna gear it to keep the front end down, aint gonna happen, pull the wheels up and you just lost the race, but it looks awesome. Lets race, LOL. That motor is for a 5T.
    Hey Rude, thank you for the kind words. Yes this motor does have a lot of power and I really don't have any plans on keeping the front end down hehehe I enjoy doing my wheelies. With this setup I really don't have to worry about my temps as much as the stock setup. If I need to back off on the punch I can always do that through the esc. As far as what I plan on doing next..... Probably replacing a lot of parts after some serious bashing hahaha

I took X Maxx for speed run today. I couldn't get past more than three-quarter throttle without the front end comming up. I was running low to high 50s mph on my dynamite GPS. My neighbor was passing by and decidided to stop. Well I suddenly decided to go a head and try to get X maxx up to full throttle and show him it's awesome POWER!!! hehehehe. As soon as I hit full throttle it flipped up very rapidly and slid down the road on its roof. Not only was it embarrassing it felt like it took for ever to stop. Thank goodness no cars were comming and it didn't slam a curb. It did slide through a puddle on the side of the road but all was good (just a little body damage) when I checked my GPS to my surprise it wheelied at 67mph.....crazy man

Hey guys, I just took maxx out for another speed run. It it was drizzling so I gave it some punch on my first run hoping to get some good speed numbers. It flipped over and slid on the roof top. I guess I need to move my GPS back a little furtherIt still works fine, just looks like crud!!
    With the road being wet I figured I wasn't going to get the speed without more damage so I packed it in. Tomorrow is another day

Anyone got a clue on how fast it can be with stock ESC/Motor and higher gearing and so on?

RC Qualifier
    I saw a guy who had the castle system at my LHS do a standing backflip with this truck! BEAST. I just ordered my Xmaxx from Kershaw, I went with the Leopard system, hope Im not disappointed it was $100 cheaper and is supposed to be more powerful. Also I can tame it down and run 6s. Althought none of my 3s batteries have the XT150 connector that Kershaw recommends. Now that I know castle connectors are 200Amp I might swith all my batteries to them for easy compatibility. I mistakenly went EC5 than realized they were only rated at 120Amp. The Castle system pulls 165amp and the Leopard pulls over 180! The only other thing I bought was the $150 tires. Hope they're nice. My birthday is Monday so figured what the heck. All in all I spent $1600 from Kershaw, to get the truck 2 8000mah 4s batteries, the tires, the program card, some charging cords, and a couple extra connectors for my other 4s batteries oh and 2 day shipping to get it in time for my birthday. I ordered it Monday, and already have tracking saying it will be delivered THursday. They were out of ESC mounts, won't be in until next week but they are sending me the truck with it zip tied down and mailing me the esc mount next week at no additional charge so I could have my truck for my birthday! Great service! Love this company!
    Last edited by rknight; 05-18-2016 at 03:32 AM.

Anyone got a clue on how fast it can be with stock ESC/Motor and higher gearing and so on?
    There are guys on YouTube running 60+mph with gear change, stock motor and stock esc. I just wonder for how long and what the motor/esc temps are?
    https://youtu.be/CYWE5E_byLE

@Pro2a, How are youre tires hold up?

@Pro2a, How are youre tires hold up?
    Hey cazrack, they seemed to be doing ok till today. I was doing some speed runs and tore the side wall 😬

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Hey cazrack, they seemed to be doing ok till today. I was doing some speed runs and tore the side wall ��

Just sew it up and super glue should be good for another run

Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Just sew it up and super glue should be good for another run
    That's funny, I just did that and put another set of batteries threw them with no problems. Did some road runs 55mph+

I see ya guys are pushing these bad boys to the limit!!! But let me ask a ??? What kind of gearing are ya running and also you guys are running g the stock motor and esc ???

BASH HARD RIDE FAST BIG AIR

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

Quote Originally Posted by Blizz318 View Post
    I see ya guys are pushing these bad boys to the limit!!! But let me ask a ??? What kind of gearing are ya running and also you guys are running g the stock motor and esc ???

C.I. RC
    Hi Blizz, I am running the castle XL X motor and ESC setup with a 48 tooth pinion and 50tooth spur sometimes 54tooth spur

Hi Blizz, I am running the castle XL X motor and ESC setup with a 48 tooth pinion and 50tooth spur sometimes 54tooth spur
    oh ok I see you running that big boy me I'm still running everything stock would like to get a bit more speed out of her any ideas??? Still wanna be able to bash around and jump !!!

Before I went with the xlx setup I added some fans to the stock esc and motor after swapping out the pinion and spur to 17/54 and had no heat issues. It definitely added a bunch of speed and power. I wouldn't do it without the fans though

Last edited by Pro2A; 05-21-2016 at 09:14 PM.

RC Champion
    oh ok I see you running that big boy me I'm still running everything stock would like to get a bit more speed out of her any ideas??? Still wanna be able to bash around and jump !!!
    Change your gears to 18/50 I hit 43.mph when I had stock esc,now I'm running Max5 esc with stock motor and geared 23/46

Before I went with the xlx setup I added some fans to the stock esc and motor after swapping out the pinion and spur to 17/54 and had no heat issues. It definitely added a bunch of speed and power. I wouldn't do it without the fans though

I actually have the 2028 fan on right now and just got another fan to but on the side like you have there but it's not as big it's a 25x25 it should do something ! So 17/54 will give me the boost I'm looking for??? And I will still be able to bash and do jumps no problem?? I Will be stopping bye my LHS tomorrow w to pick up the 17 cause it already comes with the 54 correct ??

Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Change your gears to 18/50 I hit 43.mph when I had stock esc,now I'm running Max5 esc with stock motor and geared 23/46
    Wow 18/50 that's a big drop that won't over heat the system fast ????

I actually have the 2028 fan on right now and just got another fan to but on the side like you have there but it's not as big it's a 25x25 it should do something ! So 17/54 will give me the boost I'm looking for??? And I will still be able to bash and do jumps no problem?? I Will be stopping bye my LHS tomorrow w to pick up the 17 cause it already comes with the 54 correct ??
    I thought 17/54 was a definite improvement. I did my bashing and jumping with it no problem. I decided to go over to castle for more power and piece of mind with the temps. With the fans I had no issues running that gearing but it's not July yet? From what I have been reading other guys run that gearing and love it. I would try and add another fan if u can. You might want to turn the fans on the 2028 fan around to pull heat away from the motor and face the two side esc fans to blow in on the esc.

RC Competitor
    Haha yeah, I try and keep as many parts on hand as I can. The X maxx stuff isn't around as much so I buy them when I see them. I usually get home around 2 to 3 o'clock so if you ever want to take the trucks out for a couple of hours during the week that would be great!
    WOW!! You guys have a lot of runs haha I really do need to pick up some more sets of batteries. I have 4 sets of 3s for my revo and 2 sets of 4s for my X maxx. I have been shopping on line tonight for another set of 4s for X maxx. The 4s lipos I usually use seem to be on back order?
    Another Long Island guy here. Would love to bash with you guys ,I'm in the Bayport area. always looking for some cool spots and people to run them with, I got a X Maxx , Revo and a Rustler. Btw My X Maxx is stock, wouldnt be able to keep up with yours lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    Another Long Island guy here. Would love to bash with you guys ,I'm in the Bayport area. always looking for some cool spots and people to run them with, I got a X Maxx , Revo and a Rustler. Btw My X Maxx is stock, wouldnt be able to keep up with yours lol
    Hey Mark, that sounds great! I'm in Holtsville not far from Bayport. We should definitely set something up. I also have a blerevo that I love bashing and big jumps

Hey Mark, that sounds great! I'm in Holtsville not far from Bayport. We should definitely set something up. I also have a blerevo that I love bashing and big jumps
    We definitely need to try an set something up I'm in Brooklyn

Sounds great! Another member and I are also looking for a place to do some speed runs as well. I will be sure to keep you guys posted

There are guys on YouTube running 60+mph with gear change, stock motor and stock esc. I just wonder for how long and what the motor/esc temps are?
    https://youtu.be/CYWE5E_byLE
    what gearing is he running anyone know ???
    C.I. RC

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

lights look awesome!! great job!!

[QUOTE=Pro2A;6241724]lights look awesome!! great job!![/QUOTE
    Thanks let me ask a ? You see message number 73 what gearing is he running in the video ???
    C.I. RC

[QUOTE=Blizz318;6241804]
    lights look awesome!! great job!![/QUOTE
    Thanks let me ask a ? You see message number 73 what gearing is he running in the video ???
    I am not sure what he is running. I know other guys on this Fourm have also been getting some good numbers with stock motor and esc. I would just be concerned of overheating issues. From what I have been reading, some guys stock esc have been burning up with stock gearing and it's only may.

[QUOTE=Pro2A;6241944]

I am not sure what he is running. I know other guys on this Fourm have also been getting some good numbers with stock motor and esc. I would just be concerned of overheating issues. From what I have been reading, some guys stock esc have been burning up with stock gearing and it's only may.
    i will deff keep a eye on that.. I'm thinking of 18/50 or 18/54
    C.I. RC

I would pick up both Spurs and see what you like best.

I would pick up both Spurs and see what you like best.
    Yeah that makes sense don't know why I didn't think about that before only a few bucks apiece
    C.I. RC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast