Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pro2A's X Maxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizz318 View Post
    Wow 18/50 that's a big drop that won't over heat the system fast ????
    I have never had any heat issues on both stock and max5 esc on both of those gearings,on 23/46 I hit 48.5mph and I don't think reach the top speed yet.

Hey guys , I just picked up a gopro4 sliver to stap to the roof of my blerevo and X maxx. My wife was with me when I purchased it (after extra batteries and accessories the price wasn't cheap) then she watched me stap it to the roof of my blerevo and sent it flying down the road. Well...... I found out quickly that you shouldn't keep the wifi enabled on the GoPro and hooked to your cell phone when running the truck. It went about 20 feet 40+mph and lost total control, made a hard right and slammed the curb. If it was hooked to maxx he would have just jumped the curb like it was nothing but revo hit hard!! Yes the wife was watching and yes the GoPro was filming 🙄 I turned off the wifi and sure enough all was back to normal. Then like a fool I decided to try it again just to be sure that it was the wifi...... Yes my wife was still watching and yes I was still filming. Same thing but this time it sent the GoPro bouncing down the road😳 Everything is ok and still working.

I turned off wifi and hooked it up to big maxx and had some fun!! I will try to figure out how to get some videos posted soon

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Blizz318;6242020]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post

i will deff keep a eye on that.. I'm thinking of 18/50 or 18/54
    It was mentioned to pick up both spurs. Isn't 54 stock?

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys , I just picked up a gopro4 sliver to stap to the roof of my blerevo and X maxx. My wife was with me when I purchased it (after extra batteries and accessories the price wasn't cheap) then she watched me stap it to the roof of my blerevo and sent it flying down the road. Well...... I found out quickly that you shouldn't keep the wifi enabled on the GoPro and hooked to your cell phone when running the truck. It went about 20 feet 40+mph and lost total control, made a hard right and slammed the curb. If it was hooked to maxx he would have just jumped the curb like it was nothing but revo hit hard!! Yes the wife was watching and yes the GoPro was filming �� I turned off the wifi and sure enough all was back to normal. Then like a fool I decided to try it again just to be sure that it was the wifi...... Yes my wife was still watching and yes I was still filming. Same thing but this time it sent the GoPro bouncing down the road�� Everything is ok and still working.

I turned off wifi and hooked it up to big maxx and had some fun!! I will try to figure out how to get some videos posted soon
    Your transmitter runs 2.4ghz and the gopro faq says it runs 2.4-2.5ghz. It doesn't seem like you can change the channel so no interference.

[QUOTE=Blkdrgn808;6242528]

It was mentioned to pick up both spurs. Isn't 54 stock?
    Actually yes I think it does. To be honest I have 48, 50 and 54. I forgot what stock was lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    Your transmitter runs 2.4ghz and the gopro faq says it runs 2.4-2.5ghz. It doesn't seem like you can change the channel so no interference.
    Yeah, I don't think I can. It's ok, I will just run GoPro manually without the phone.

Out rideing X maxx HPI salvage xflux

BASH HARD RIDE FAST BIG AIR

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

Hey Blizz, those are some nice trucks you got there!! I took maxx out for some road runs today myself

Hey Blizz, those are some nice trucks you got there!! I took maxx out for some road runs today myself
    niceeee view what you topping out at ????
    C.I. RC

niceeee view what you topping out at ????
    Thanks Blizz, my personal best is 67mph but since I have ripped up two tires trying to beat it. It's hard to get full throttle with stock tires ( to much ballooning). I am going to get some new tires soon. Just not sure what tires to buy yet? My average run in mid to high 50's

Hey guys, I decided to pick up some new wheels and tires today. I am still going to go with some 1/5 scale tires but for now I will try some tape and traxxas

Pro2A's X Maxx

Hey as up guys so I just I installed my 2028 fan and it was pretty simple but now for some odd reason whenever I press the trigger the car makes a beeping sound as long as I stay with my finger on the trigger it will make a long deep sound here's a short video let me know what you guys think

C.I. RC
    Last edited by Blizz318; 05-28-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    C.I. RC

Hey as up guys so I just I installed my 2028 fan and it was pretty simple but now for some odd reason whenever I press the trigger the car makes a beeping sound as long as I stay with my finger on the trigger it will make a long deep sound here's a short video let me know what you guys think

C.I. RC
    It sounds pretty normal

It sounds pretty normal
    ok the reason i asked was caused it never beep before it just stated after installing fans
    C.I. RC

ok the reason i asked was caused it never beep before it just stated after installing fans
    I am not sure? Mine always sounded Like that from what I remember. Maybe the fans are amplifying the sound? I wonder if it amplifying the sound due to you redirecting the fans pulling heat from the motor. Maybe it's also pulling sound? I would be curious to see if you remove the fans if the noise continues

Cool

I am not sure? Mine always sounded Like that from what I remember. Maybe the fans are amplifying the sound? I wonder if it amplifying the sound due to you redirecting the fans pulling heat from the motor. Maybe it's also pulling sound? I would be curious to see if you remove the fans if the noise continues
    Yeah I'm real curious too I was already thinking about unplugging the fans to see what happens I will for sure keep you updated and thanks for the support. I see these X maxx threads are noting like the slash 4x4 ones guess since the X maxx is still so new every one is still trying to figure them out..Well thanks to all who have showed support and have a great Memorial Day!!!!
    C.I. RC

Yeah I'm real curious too I was already thinking about unplugging the fans to see what happens I will for sure keep you updated and thanks for the support. I see these X maxx threads are noting like the slash 4x4 ones guess since the X maxx is still so new every one is still trying to figure them out..Well thanks to all who have showed support and have a great Memorial Day!!!!
    No problem Blizz, keep us posted. I hope you also have a great Memorial Day!!!

Hey guys, I taped up and installed the new traxxas rear tires. I have to say what a big difference!! So far I am getting little to no ballooning. With that the control of the truck at hi speeds is way better!! It's keeping the front wheels planted much more. I do think the tires must be spinning more though. My normal average speed readings are mid to high 50,s. Now with the taped wheels I am averaging mid to low 50's?. I would have though it would be he other way around (gaining speed not loosing) I think I am going to heavy on the throttle and need to slowly bring it up to speed. I will find a longer run and give that a shot?

RC Qualifier
    Ballooning increases the circumference of the tires which increases the speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    Ballooning increases the circumference of the tires which increases the speed.
    Yeah, I guess that would make sense. Thank you blkdrgn.

Me and my nephews day out
    They staring young

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

Me and my nephews day out
    They staring young

C.I. RC
    That's awesome!! Good times!!

Was up guys was out ridding about to do my very first break down in Useing this liquid wrench all I have available here's a pic what ya think

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

@Pro2A have you taped front wheels and have any feedback on what difference it makes compared to stock front wheels?

I have taped back wheels and it works great but my front wheels balloon and (wooble) like crazy at full throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by cazrack View Post
    @Pro2A have you taped front wheels and have any feedback on what difference it makes compared to stock front wheels?

I have taped back wheels and it works great but my front wheels balloon and (wooble) like crazy at full throttle.
    Hey cazrack, I have not taped my front wheels just the back. I have been meaning to get to it though. I will try and do it this week to see if it makes much of a difference. I will be sure to keep you posted. I have been very happy with just my back weeks tapped so far, it really made quite the difference in handling.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome job bro the X-maxx next to the Teton is Hilarious!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RC-nightmare View Post
    Awesome job bro the X-maxx next to the Teton is Hilarious!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
    Thanks me and my nephew just chilling

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

Hey guys, my wife has been getting on me about all my spare Batteries, tires and other X maxx parts I have laying around the house. I decided to pick up this box a week or so ago. I have to say I wish she complained about this a long time LOL
    I know it's just a box but it's so nice having everything in one place..... Well for the most part anyway 😀

Look what showed up at my front door today. A big thanks to Rick at Gone Bananas racing skins for getting them out to me so quickly!! These foam tires are very big. They are pretty much the same size as the stock X maxx tires. I am going to try and get some runs on them tomorrow. I will be sure to keep you posted

Pro2A's X Maxx

Was up guys so need some info trying to get some fans to keep the esc cool I see they have a few different brands. Should I got with the yeah racing or with the muchmore racing fan let me know what ya think

Yeah racing fan

Muchmore racing fan

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

RC Champion
    Either one be good enough as long as they're both 5 or 6v your good.

Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Either one be good enough as long as they're both 5 or 6v your good.
    Ok so they have to be either 5v or 6v OK wwillI be able to plug them into the ESC????
    C.I. RC

RC Champion
    Ok so they have to be either 5v or 6v OK wwillI be able to plug them into the ESC????
    Yes u can plug them on esc or one of the empty slot on your receiver

RC Champion
    Yes u can plug them on esc or one of the empty slot on your receiver
    Oops sorry for the repeat

Ok cool thanks

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

Should the fans be 30x30mm or 40x40mm gonna install around the esc ???

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

RC Champion
    30mmx30mm is the perfect size

Ok thanks

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    As far as the fans airflow direction... Acouple of years ago there were a couple of experiments. Always worked better blowing cool air onto the motor. Pulling the hot air away did not work very well in reducing motor temps.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast