RC poster

Cool New to the Funny Car

I have several rc vehicles. This is my first traxxas. I am looking for some guidance on what battery to use to get the best speed without wrecking anything mechanical. I am excited about this vehicle. Got it from a buddy who won it at the traxxas tent at the Charlotte Nc dragstrip. Never been ran so I am truly tickled. Hope to get some good input from you all here. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I would like to suggest that you first take your time and get used to your Funny car with the battery pack that it came with ..
    mine came with a 2s lipo but I think that some come with a 7cell nimh .. what did yours come with ?
    after gaining the experience you need to feel comfortable that you have mastered the launch and good control of your FC
    to the end of your run ... when you decide that you are ready to move forward ... I think that you should move up to a 3s lipo but I think that you should only use a LARGE dimension battery if you feel you need more weight to the vehicle
    ,, or if you feel that you have become expert enough ... then I would go with the largest 3s battery that you can fit in the
    battery box ... IMO the thing you need to do is use the smallest lightest battery possible to win over the competition ...
    however if you wast to build yours for speed runs rather than drag racing the larger mah battery will serve you better..
    I think that the funny car is the most complicated rc cars to master but through that you will become the master driver ..

RC poster
    The model I got did not come with a battery which is why I am asking. As I said prior my first Traxxas. I own a few others one nitro an this is my second electric model. Iover it. Any how I wanna just figure out what I want to do. I wonder since the site doesn't have anymore should I just not run it and leave it be. It was the green john force edition. Just to say. Thank you for replying to me.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2004 View Post
    The model I got did not come with a battery which is why I am asking. As I said prior my first Traxxas. I own a few others one nitro an this is my second electric model. Iover it. Any how I wanna just figure out what I want to do. I wonder since the site doesn't have anymore should I just not run it and leave it be. It was the green john force edition. Just to say. Thank you for replying to me.
    If you want my opinion .... if you have the green john force Funny car ,,, when you decide what you want to do ,, remember that it is looking like they are not making them any more ... I would wait until the newer model comes out and see if the if the new model chassis the same as yours ... if only the body is different then see if you can get a new body for your s and the display chassis is only 40 dollars on amazon to display the original force ford ....have you checked the price of the funny car bodies? wait a short time and see if you should save just the body or the whole funny car becomes collectable ..
    just a thought ...I think that john force racing is now going chevy ... I think but not sure ,,, its worth looking into ...
    what ever you decide .. I would start with a 7 cell humpback nimh or 2s lipo if you already have a lipo charger ... then move to 3s when you get more experience....

RC poster
    I would start out with a 2s, it's plenty for that car. MAKE SURE to turn down the steering rate.