Thread: TSM in a Summit

RC Qualifier

TSM in a Summit

I can't seem to find other threads about this, so I hope I'm not stating the already-stated

My HW combo has more than enough torque to spin my Summit out of control if I go full throttle from a stand-still. I got a TSM receiver from eBay and updated my transmitter to match. At maximum TSM the truck acts weird, wobbling around looking quite ridiculous. However, at around 50% I have phenomenal control regardless of surface. What a fantastic help it has turned out to be for a mediocre hobbyist like me!

Just wanted to say. Highly recommended if you're experiencing torque twists like I did.
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Torque twist? You mean doing stand still back flips? Haha

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Yep, BL kit it is
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Interesting full throttle from a stand still, I get wheelies with tekin summit, but no movement it tracks fairly straight. I have installed one on my xo-1, but haven't gotten to test it yet because I need to borrow someones apple product.

RC poster
    With the brushed motor I can't see the need for a gyro, it's not fast enough. Brushless might be a different story

RC poster
    You will destroy the transmission in short order with enough power to do backflips. Loosen the slipper clutch until it can just barely pop a wheelie, then leave it alone.

Anyway, I haven't found any need for a gyro in my Summit. My RWD vehicles all have gyros, my fast loaner vehicles all have gyros, and some of my more temperamental rally/touring cars have gyros. I'm a fan of the Futaba GYC-430.
    Last edited by deusexaethera; 06-07-2016 at 06:08 AM.