RC poster

E-Revo 1/10 - Keep stripping Rod Ends! Any solutions?

It seems like the rod ends, on the rear push rods, on my E-Revo 1/10 NEVER last longer than my batteries! I am taking some pretty big jumps, and that seems to do it every time. Anyone have a solution? Metal vs plastic?

Thanks!!

Welcome to the froum and this great hobby of ours.

Its rare that happens but it is a cheap replecement. I have had to change mine only once on a rear pushrod because of a bad crash.

Once you get a handle of the truck better, it will not happen oftne for the nomal function of the pushrod, metal rod ends will only transfer the shocks else where and you may end up damaging something else.

From the sound of it, you may also change the shock oïl to 80w, for extreme bashing, as it seems like they are not absorbing the jumps you are doing.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    Check your suspension travel and make sure your chassis bottoms out before shock does (spring should never fully compress and still have room to further compress when chassis hit the ground). Also make sure you are using the right rod length for your rocker and make sure you are using the right size rod ends with proper thread length and they are tight. See if that fixes your problem.
    Last edited by LaserPower; 05-05-2016 at 10:21 AM.

RC Competitor
    Funny I read this as I just bought my E-Revo and the first day driving it right out of the box I took it over a small bump(sidewalk meets grass) and my right rear pushrod came out at the rocker end and I lost the spacer. I screwed it back in and drove it around a bit to see what would happen and it came out again. Itook the opportunity to buy the steel pushrods and hopefully I have no further issues with it. Brand new truck and first day out of the box and that happened. First thing I thought was...oh man, I hope this isn't going to be a problem truck.
    Last edited by Tamuro; 07-25-2016 at 02:26 PM.

RC poster
    had the same problem with mine first time out lost spacer bought new rod ends next time out same problem called traxxas sent me new spacers free but didnt help with the problem i ended up drilling a 1/16th hole thru tie rod and rod end and put a 1/16 drill rod thru it never pulled out again did only the rears both ends

RC poster
    I bought yesterday a 2nd hand E revo VXL Brushless, its pretty much upgraded by the owner over the couple of years he had this. yesterday i tried it out and also the plastic rod end broke. today i took a spin for the 3rd time and it hit a metal leg of a bench... also another end pin broke.. i guess i have to learn to have better control of the rc. So the recommendation is just to use plastic ones? (since i read above that the shock will transfer to somewhere else otherwise with Aluminium ones).

Rpm makes turnbuckle rod ends. They have solved my stripping issues. Though the ones i have are for my emaxx turnbuckles. Im sure its the same for your pushrods
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Enthusiast
    Upgrade to 2.0 rod ends and turn buckles with new rods and be done with it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Rpm makes turnbuckle rod ends. They have solved my stripping issues. Though the ones i have are for my emaxx turnbuckles. Im sure its the same for your pushrods
    I found that those wear out very fast. I didn't have any ripping out on me, but after a couple bash sessions, the ones on the ends for the rockers were stretched out and not staying on the ball part.

I just ordered a few bags of the traxxas rear pushrod ends. I read they hold up better than the front ones and are interchangeable. Not sure why they have two different ball ends for front vs rear pushrods...
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrae05 View Post
    Upgrade to 2.0 rod ends and turn buckles with new rods and be done with it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Ive popped out every single rod end on my new e revo. also broke a toe link end but that was my fault. anyway, fill the stripped one with superglue or loctite. Fantastic thing to do. no problems after.

RC Qualifier
    I've had the same issues.
    Right out of box rod end popped off . Replacement one the circle part blew out.

Seems to be caused from suspension traveling to far.

I Moved the linkage to give a lower ride height.

Swaped out the rear chassis brace over the shocks with a metal one.

Going to make some suspension limiting straps. Hear that helps a lot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Hi guys,
    I had the same issues. Mine broke after the first run.
    I did a quick fix with tie wraps (works great btw) and after I did the final mod using a ''suspension limit strap'' of 90mm
    Here is a picture of how it looks with the 2 mods. I never had any other issue with the suspension after the mod (it broke 3 times before I did it).

I did that after looking at this video on youtube from Outsourced RC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJOgcxF_D4w

Regards
    Last edited by Spinalmath; 08-26-2018 at 07:00 PM.

RC poster
    I wonder if you could just put a rubber stopper between the piston and the end of the shock on the inside of the shock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk