RC poster

Angry Wireless link application not pairing

Hi,

I've tried this about hundred time now and it is not working. Just bought a wireless link bluetooth adapter to my TQi 6528 and trying to pair it with my Nexus5 (Android 6.0.1). It took a while to realize that I did not have correct permission for the app, but then added those. Not happening. Could not connect. Try to reset bluetooth. Not working. Whatta.. Then tried it with older android tablet (propably android 5 or something) and it worked on second time. Anybody else had this problem? Solved somehow?

/mika

Quote Originally Posted by mimyllyv View Post
    Hi,

I've tried this about hundred time now and it is not working. Just bought a wireless link bluetooth adapter to my TQi 6528 and trying to pair it with my Nexus5 (Android 6.0.1). It took a while to realize that I did not have correct permission for the app, but then added those. Not happening. Could not connect. Try to reset bluetooth. Not working. Whatta.. Then tried it with older android tablet (propably android 5 or something) and it worked on second time. Anybody else had this problem? Solved somehow?

/mika
    With the new Android 6.0.1 make sure you have "Location" on in your phone.

RC poster
    Hi Rich2,

Awesome. That was it! After enabling location on my Nexus5 the pairing/connection succeeded right away. Who knew.. Not me for sure. Just been trying to save battery on my android. My bad. Thank you. Now connection is working flawlessly.

/mika

I got my link and bluetooth connected ;however, i don't know how to concect the transmitter
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_summit757 View Post
    I got my link and bluetooth connected ;however, i don't know how to concect the transmitter
    Here's a link to the instructions. When it opens, look down
    in lower right corner for buttons to enlarge for easier reading.

Connecting Transmitter

RC poster
    yesterday i bought traxxas bluetooth link for tqi remote, i tried to connect it on my phone (samsung note 3 android 5.0)it did not work.

i tried on iphone 5 it is working in 1 sec

please someone help me to work on my samsung note 3 ?

RC poster
    Got a simalar challange, works fine with galaxy s6 but will not with my tab A tablet. Contact support just waiting for them to answer. If i get anything helpful will keep you posted

RC poster
    Got an answer back from support
    The Traxxas Link App is only supported on Android devices running Android 4.4 or later which have Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy hardware
    Looks like the challange is tbe bluetooth 4 low energy requirement

RC poster
    Well now it looks like i have the same issue as Shadow_summit757. Bluetooth will pair but is keeps sayng that transmitter is switched off.
    Spoke to support and there answer is that if use android the app may or not work.

The solution they came up with was to try it with iphone, although they say they support andriod it is hit and miss for what devices it work with ans which don't.

The app only guanteed to work with iphone.

So i have wasted all that money buy the link, the expander, gps and sensors only to be told to go and buy a iphone to be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by rdwgtammon View Post
    Well now it looks like i have the same issue as Shadow_summit757. Bluetooth will pair but is keeps sayng that transmitter is switched off.
    Spoke to support and there answer is that if use android the app may or not work.

The solution they came up with was to try it with iphone, although they say they support andriod it is hit and miss for what devices it work with ans which don't.

The app only guanteed to work with iphone.

So i have wasted all that money buy the link, the expander, gps and sensors only to be told to go and buy a iphone to be able to use it.
    If your phone is Android 4.4 or higher it will work. You'll have to
    find out what's wrong on your end. Make sure you have new batteries
    in your transmitter, turn on "Location" on your phone if it's Android 6.0
    or higher and follow the pairing instructions closely. I have two Android
    phones, one old and one new, works perfectly.

RC poster
    Some andriod 4.4 devices work some don't according to Traxxas support.
    Galaxy Tab E Lite will bind Galaxy Tab A will not bind.

I am using a Galaxy s6, new batteries in the transmitter and a fully charged phone, bluetooth will bind in the app but still shows the transmitter as switch off. Phoned support and they said get a iphone and retry, they had no idea how the bluetooth could bind and still show the transmitter as off. They said it must be an android issue and because i'm not in thd US there is not much else they can dofor me.

RC Racer
    Here is the spec for Bluetooth on my Nvidia Shield Android 7.0 tablet that will not connect with my controller...

WIRELESS 802.11n 2x2 MIMO 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi,
    Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS

I take it that the "LE" after "Bluetooth 4.0" refers to "low energy." So either I am doing something wrong with the app, or the "low energy" criteria is not the only thing keeping certain Android devices from working/linking with the app.