Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Competitor

Krchovkustoms' Slash buggy build

Hey guys got my sc8 cage for the slash last night! Still gotta build some custom body mounts but it's on there for today with zipties! Haha lover he way it looks! Gonna slice up he rear end of my factory body and make it be able to fit aswell! Anyways here's some pics! Body panels are just crate tarp from Yamaha used for shipping backed with gorilla tape then goralia taped on ha!

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

The cage looks good! Keep us updated with everything you do to it. We all love to follow a good build
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Welcome to the Traxxas forums!

Your build looks great so far. Keep us posted with plenty of pics!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Thanks! I will do my best sir!

That is a fine looking buggy....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    That is a fine looking buggy....
    Thanks! Taking it out in the sand today so I think I'll tear it apart after to clean it and dye the chassis black

RC Qualifier
    I like the looks of the cage. You should put a little figurine in there.

RC Competitor

RC Competitor

RC Qualifier
    Dude that looks awesome. I've always wanted to do a roll cage type baja style but I also have a carbon fiber chassis brace that attaches to the shock towers and pretty sure they would interfere with each other.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadelvi View Post
    Dude that looks awesome. I've always wanted to do a roll cage type baja style but I also have a carbon fiber chassis brace that attaches to the shock towers and pretty sure they would interfere with each other.
    Shouldn't interfere I'm using the stock body mounts I just had to drill holes in the cage luckily line up with some flat "corner braces". I just have to modify the actual pin to make it longer. Gonna cut the knob off then drill down into the post and thread a bolt in cut it off and drill for the cotter key to go through.

RC Competitor
    Body mounts installed. Fan rigged. Gonna run it off a small lipo pack I have I think.

RC Competitor
    Also rigged up a seal for the front of the driveshaft. Gorilla tape then greased the shaft so it wouldn't stick to the tape.

RC Competitor
    Got a 3s lipo for the slash made one run and snapped a front axle yoke. Grabbed a replacement for now until I can afford mip x duties. Also ditched the lime green panels. Gonna make a nicer set here soon outa canvas. My fiancÚ is gonna do a dark tie die on them I think, should look freaking sweet! Gonna try running it on beginner mode on 3s see if it's still faster than sport on nimh. I have a heavy trigger finger and my axles do not appreciate. Also gonna tape tires asap too. They ballon like mad. Anyways here's some more pics and also did a bit of a custom job on the stock body.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by krchovkustoms View Post
    Got a 3s lipo for the slash made one run and snapped a front axle yoke. Grabbed a replacement for now until I can afford mip x duties. Also ditched the lime green panels. Gonna make a nicer set here soon outa canvas. My fiancÚ is gonna do a dark tie die on them I think, should look freaking sweet! Gonna try running it on beginner mode on 3s see if it's still faster than sport on nimh. I have a heavy trigger finger and my axles do not appreciate. Also gonna tape tires asap too. They ballon like mad. Anyways here's some more pics and also did a bit of a custom job on the stock body.

Just keep in mind running 3s in training mode is going to really heat up the esc

RC Competitor
    Quick update got the chassis dyed and body panels made. Ordered a set of mip X duties and going out tonight for a good bash will post a video hopefully if we do not get rained out

RC Competitor
    Panels sewn on, springs painted, still waiting for my mip's, picked up a set of mashers for 25$ sadly I didn't notice they were the narrower wheels but they still work! Looks awesome with my truck body!

Looks like fun!

RC Competitor
    quick update, sorry no pics.... stripped a wheel out the other night. decided to go to 17mm hexes so gonna do the 3.2 rpm revolver wheels with my trenchers.... didn't realize proline made a 2.8 with a 17mm hex until it was too late! oh well I will order those for when I grab a set of sand paws. or maybe if I decide to keep my mashers. I like the way they hook up compared to the trencher. but I also like looks of my trenchers. lost a grub out of my mips so ill have to pick up more off those. any one know the thread pitch? found them in bulk in a m3 x.05tpi x 4mm not sure if the pitch is right or not. any ways see yall later I will have pics by the end off the weekend!

quick update, sorry no pics.... stripped a wheel out the other night. decided to go to 17mm hexes so gonna do the 3.2 rpm revolver wheels with my trenchers.... didn't realize proline made a 2.8 with a 17mm hex until it was too late! oh well I will order those for when I grab a set of sand paws. or maybe if I decide to keep my mashers. I like the way they hook up compared to the trencher. but I also like looks of my trenchers. lost a grub out of my mips so ill have to pick up more off those. any one know the thread pitch? found them in bulk in a m3 x.05tpi x 4mm not sure if the pitch is right or not. any ways see yall later I will have pics by the end off the weekend!
    This is a cool build! Not sure which 17mm adapters you plan on but I really like the HR ones I'm using....great product. If you're talking about the grubs that hold the Mips onto the diff, MIP actually calls them a pin screw. They have a little tip on them. A regular grub won't work there. You can get parts right from MIP. Good luck!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    I'm gonna use the mip 17mm hex figured they should work with my axles. Yes that's the screw I'm referring too. I called the local hobby shop today and they don't stock the mip ones but they do sell the proper screws to replace

RC Competitor

New paint and panels!

Love the new colors!
    its not fun until something breaks

RC Competitor
    Stampede front bumper hopefully here tomorrow and got the wheelie bar mount today along with the velinion fan... Thought this mount/bumper woulda been longer/bigger but I used to some wire clips and zip ties to attach the old bumper brace and I dunno I don't think it looks all that bad will likely make something different down the road

RC Competitor
    Still got do some tweaking on that rear panel as you can see aswell

RC Champion
    Nice progress. That blue looks really good as well.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Competitor
    Alrighty think I'm done for a while on this beast until I break things. Got the pede front bumper on with a little modification to stick it out further and up higher. Playing on the idea of curving the hood down a bit can't decide if I like that or not. Also the pins in my mip X fit is are a tiny bit sloppy now something I should worry about or just leave it? Anyways here's some pics

RC Competitor
    picked up a few goodies this weekend gonna throw them on this week. got a set of rear shocks to run up front. I tried running my shocks all the way out the other night and honestly not once did I roll it corning I even tried my hardest to get it to roll I just didn't like how low it was so ill run the rears back towards the middle for now and then throw these new ones up front and run them as wide as I can where it sits level. also got a new set of leds for the bumper lights. 2 went dim.... and got a set of trx aluminum c hubs. the lhs didn't have the rear hubs or I would have gotten those aswell. my stock plastic rears are getting loose in the lower pin....

RC Competitor
    Got the shocks, c hubs on gonna do some glueing and stuff on the lights tonight. Cut up my body even more. Really digging it actually. Also picked these two bodies up real cheap

Got the shocks, c hubs on gonna do some glueing and stuff on the lights tonight. Cut up my body even more. Really digging it actually. Also picked these two bodies up real cheap

Looks amazing man! Keep the updates I read them Everytime! Sweet slash!
    Rustler CCSCT3800KV / Slash 4X4 & 2WD Build

RC Competitor
    Quick update! Hot glued the back of the lights so they won't be damaged as easily and built a pretty sweet little grill for them too!

Contemplating cutting the front posts shorter for the body so the hood lines up with the bumper a bit better!

RC Competitor
    Quick update for tonight more to follow tomorrow.....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddamienie View Post
    Just keep in mind running 3s in training mode is going to really heat up the esc
    Oh maybe that's my problem? Sorry to hijack this but since you started .... :-) I'm new to digital RC so I haven't yet figured everything out yet.

I have a 2S from another car, and a 3S came with my (used) Slash. I can run the 2S on normal mode but the 3S makes the car way too fast (for me!), so I ran that in training mode instead. Never knew that's not smart?!

I also just discovered that the car is fitted with 19/54 pinion-spur combo so it was probably used for speed earlier, but I want to bash/race on a small track so I guess a 13/54 combo is smarter, and that *should* also help against heat I guess?
    Last edited by torbengb; 08-29-2016 at 06:33 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by torbengb View Post
    Oh maybe that's my problem? Sorry to hijack this but since you started .... :-) I'm new to digital RC so I haven't yet figured everything out yet.

I have a 2S from another car, and a 3S came with my (used) Slash. I can run the 2S on normal mode but the 3S makes the car way too fast (for me!), so I ran that in training mode instead. Never knew that's not smart?!

I also just discovered that the car is fitted with 19/54 pinion-spur combo so it was probably used for speed earlier, but I want to bash/race on a small track so I guess a 13/54 combo is smarter, and that *should* also help against heat I guess?
    You got it! I had major heat issues with my esc so got the fan for it and now it's great. Currently running 9/56 and no heat issues anywhere!

RC Competitor
    As promised!!

RC Competitor
    A couple more

RC Competitor
    Got the cage back on loving the way this looks! It looked pretty silly with sc sized tires before.

RC Competitor
    Took a beat up cracked body and cut it to fit my sc8e cage! I'm really digging it!! Let me know what ya think!!!

Looks great as a truck!

RC Competitor

New lcg chassis!

Well I been eyeing these up every time I go to the hobby store! So I bought it! Traxxas lcg kit! Currently dyeing it blue as I type this! Can't wait. I was able to drop the cage height now as well so it sits perfect with the bumper! Ordered new de racing 2.2/3.0 white wheels in a 17mm hex cause I cracked one of my china wheels. Also got a set of rpm dual stage shock pistons on the way! Here's some pics! I'll post more when it's done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast