Thread: STRC and Integy

STRC and Integy

I am kind of flabbergasted, dismayed, and in a state of disbelief... I have heard that STRC and Integy parts are made by the same company, and many STRC parts are the same as Integy, but with a different stamp. Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

I have never had quality issues with STRC, I have found their parts to be made very well, and have had none of the issues that I have had with Integy parts. One of my big gripes about Integy is their terrible customer support, people I RC with and myself have had bad dealings with the company when we have tried to resolve issues with new parts. Admittedly, I have never tried to contact STRC support, but I have never needed to, I have never had a STRC part fail on me unless I did something where you would expect damage.

Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Integy Inc.
    4010 Valley Blvd #110
    Walnut CA 91789 USA

STRC
    385 S. Lemon Ave.
    #E183
    Walnut, CA 91789

According to Google Maps, they are 3 miles apart. Hmmmm.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Still too close...

RC Champion
    just because they are made by same company does not mean a whole lot. Could be 2 different manufacturing processes where one has better quality control over the other.

I have heard that STRC customer service is very helpful and nice to deal with.
    Too much power is just enough

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    just because they are made by same company does not mean a whole lot. Could be 2 different manufacturing processes where one has better quality control over the other.
    I understand you point, but disagree with the principle.

Lets say we live in a freakish world where Traxxas has terrible customer support and made a questionable product, it would be prudent to stay away from Traxxas for no other reason that how they treat their customers. Now, there is this other RC brand, La Trax, that seems to put out a good product, and you find out that Traxxas and La Trax are the same company, do you still want to buy a La Trax knowing that its parent company is awful to its customers?

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasfan21 View Post
    I have heard that STRC customer service is very helpful and nice to deal with.
    Like I said, I have never needed to contact them, but every company poops out a bad part every now and then. From the people I know that have had a bad STRC part, they have said that STRC took care of them.

I guess I should go on the premise of 'ignorance is bliss', I have been happy with my STRC parts, perhaps I shouldn't worry about it. But, on the other hand, I have had terrible parts from Integy, and have had horrific support from them, I really don't want to support a company that treats their customers badly.

I bought two bulkheads for my Slash, the first one from Integy and that thing was heavy and the arm pins didn't like going in. Then I decided to buy he STRC bulkhead and I've had it ever since. Yes they have different manufacturing process' but not all Integy parts are bad.
    I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonInside View Post
    ...but not all Integy parts are bad.
    I have relatable experiences going from an Integy part to STRC. Nope, not all Integy parts are bad, I really like their crawler motors, they are inexpensive, powerful, and reliable. I have also heard good things about their Magnum 272 cases and aluminum shock bodies. But, give their customer support, I will look for another solution before I go to an Integy product.

Thats the issues I hve with integy, they were heavy, luckily I ha no problems with the alloy rear arms for a 2wd pede, erevo roll cage and some other items that I cannot recall.

it is interesting to see that their adresses are close by, but as stated that does not mean a thing.

I love the STRC prouducts, and HR also , but apparently their Customer service is close to non too, I have so many parts and non ever went wrong so I guess thats why even the Customer service part is not so needed, the only problem arises when that something happens and you need to get intouch with them....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    I was looking for some F body automotive parts and come across a forum thread that compared two different manufactures.

These were suspension parts. When one person compares the two, there has to be some in there because they are not like parts that are replaced often and that person most likely did not spend the hundreds of dollars on both parts to only use one.

They spoke of how one manufacture looked like they not only copied the part from the other, but also the web site description. I looked at both web sites and THEY looked about the same. One did not show an address in contact but through my investigating further than the forum members, I found that both were in the same area.

I decided I was going to order the part that was supposed to be a cheap knock off that sold a bit cheaper. When I got my package, the address on the box was the very same address from the other company. One company operating by two names.

Perhaps the two companies each manufacture certain parts. Company "I" manufactures parts x, y and z while company "R" manufactures parts a, b and c. Then they share them so each company has parts a, b ,c, x, y and z to sell. Doing this is like having two CNC machines to spew out twice as many parts.

*watch the language, including acronyms!*
    Last edited by Double G; 05-10-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    Like walking on eggshells in here
    FTW v.1980

RC Qualifier
    Looking closely at some of their parts, they are clearly not the same, at least in design. As for material, I think we can all agree there are differences there.

With that said, if they farm out the CNC and materials selection process, I suppose they could be stamped out of the same factory. Still, this wouldn't make a difference to me. The guys at the CNC factory (if indeed one exists that they are both using) isn't going to say hey, I noticed these are the aluminum parts for the same RC application...yet they are different. No, he is going to have orders for "A" material cut to "B" shape, and "X" material for "Z" shape. Chances are he doesn't know of one is a part for an RC car, or a precision surgical device. He doesn't care if it's 5150 aluminum or Swiss cheese. He is going to fill the order using the materials requested and the CNC files provided. The company, the machine, and the man care not what is being created.

I mean, a Wendys hamburger is better thana McDonald's hamburger (my opinion). Same cow, different process, lol.

Customer service is expensive. Labor cost is generally a higher expense in any business than materials are. Employing people is expensive, employing people for the purpose of answering questions and generally being helpful is more expensive yet...they create no product, just an intangible long term reputation. This is difficult to justify on a balance sheet.

I'm not saying it's wright or wrong,, for instance, the way Integy handles their business. They sell Slash arms for $12, while STRC sells them for $32. Sometimes, you get what you pay for. When I buy an Integy part, I buy it fully accepting that if it breaks, I'm out of luck.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

STC and Integy were probably some form of merger or buyout... Doesn't mean they are going to change mfr. processes yet gives them deeper pockets for buying power....

I feel RDLogics is more of Integy's stuctural pats than STRC.... Exhausts too...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Just follow the tire marks and broken parts.
    Im surpised that google maps didn't show the wall surrounding intey keeping them protected from RCers that are fuious about their product. Seems like they are being outsourced by the same company just diferent materials and desings.
    RC is an addiction just don't make me go to rehab

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Integy Inc.
    4010 Valley Blvd #110
    Walnut CA 91789 USA

STRC
    385 S. Lemon Ave.
    #E183
    Walnut, CA 91789

Yeah, and if you look up street views you will find they occupy a suite, not a building.... The suite are in a building of offices. No facilities to mfr. at that address....

Being in California makes doing business with China, Japan Etc. a little easier too.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall