RC Racer

What 3s battery ?

Are you all using?
    Everything is out of stock.
    Need one relatively soon

Link appreciated (I'm that lazy)

Thanks
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 05-10-2016 at 09:00 PM.

I have this http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=161
    It's great and it's very cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionkev55 View Post
    I have this http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=161
    It's great and it's very cheap!
    Yep!! ^^^^ Great pack with a great price from a company with great customer service. SPC is another good choice for all the same reasons.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    universal adaptors so you can use it on different vehicles and chargers ... good warrantee ....
    venom or atomic is the same thing ..... just make sure that the battery you buy will fit in your battery box before you buy it..
    http://www.amazon.com/Venom-6400mAh-...+battery+venom

RC Racer
    Crap. Paypal only for SMC.

RC Racer
    is 20C enough?

Quote Originally Posted by knucklebrain View Post
    Crap. Paypal only for SMC.
    There's an option to pay with a credit/debit card. I have an SMC pack and I don't have a paypal account. Paypal might process the card but you can use it.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    I would avoid the universal style setups. Eventually the adapter will fail you. SMCs are great batteries, and a better value than Venoms. Nothing wrong with Venoms though, I own 4 and they have great...universal plug notwithstanding. If you like Amazon they sell some batteries called Floureons.m, and I've had great luck with them as well.
    Last edited by elDax; 05-11-2016 at 09:45 AM.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

RC Racer
    Only an option for paypal. Must be something new.

I would go with like 50c plus. 20c is looowwwwwww

Hmmm....lower right corner...pay with credit/debit card

Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Racer
    Yeah, through paypal. I don't use paypal anymore. So I'll look elsewhere.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMelon View Post
    I would go with like 50c plus. 20c is looowwwwwww
    50c seems excessive, lol. Assuming a 5000mah battery, I doubt many Rustys are needing a hundred amps. That said, higher is better. All of my batteries are 25-35C, even the ones I use on my 8th 2200kv setup.

@knucklebrain I don't care for paypal either, that's why I shop Amazon. Well, that and free shipping. Anyways.. here is a pair of batteries for $60. I love mine, you can find them in singles for around $32. http://www.amazon.com/Floureon-5500m...ds=floureon+3s

No idea about Floureon's customer service...never had to use it with any of my batteries, of which I have I think 4 now. You could also go with a Traxxas 3s... http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-2872X-...xas+3s+battery

C ratings aren't really that trustable. They're too variable based on temperature, and many pack manufacturers boost the ratings for sales. Not saying all the packs are created equal, they aren't. Once you start buying higher level packs, the price/performance ratio really diminishes fast. I would just get a cheap pack like the one I recommended

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by elDax View Post
    50c seems excessive, lol. Assuming a 5000mah battery, I doubt many Rustys are needing a hundred amps. That said, higher is better. All of my batteries are 25-35C, even the ones I use on my 8th 2200kv setup.

@knucklebrain I don't care for paypal either, that's why I shop Amazon. Well, that and free shipping. Anyways.. here is a pair of batteries for $60. I love mine, you can find them in singles for around $32. http://www.amazon.com/Floureon-5500m...ds=floureon+3s

No idea about Floureon's customer service...never had to use it with any of my batteries, of which I have I think 4 now. You could also go with a Traxxas 3s... http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-2872X-...xas+3s+battery
    Thanks man. Do those packs fit in a stock configuration, or do you have to move the esc and hack the battery tray? The length will fit since I hacked my battery tray, but the width is 60mm which is too wide. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by knucklebrain; 05-12-2016 at 08:18 AM.

I mean I really suggest more than a 25c. Like nothing less than 35 for sure. It's just too low

RC Racer
    Guys, what do I do to get the Floureon battery to fit? It's 60mm wide. I looked for pictures of Rustler battery configurations, there's next to nothing regarding pictures.

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Guys, what do I do to get the Floureon battery to fit? It's 60mm wide. I looked for pictures of Rustler battery configurations, there's next to nothing regarding pictures.

Thanks
    Measure it. There are packs available in many sizes. I don't have a Rusty, but those packs fit my Slash, Rally, and my Summit.

RC Racer
    Well the Floureon site says it's 50mm. Not trying to be a jerk, but why would you post about a battery for a truck you do not have?

RC Qualifier
    Well the Floureon site says it's 50mm. Not trying to be a jerk, but why would you post about a battery for a truck you do not have?
    Battery is a battery. It cares not which truck it's in. Just find a battery that is 140mm by 48mm by 32mm, I'm sorry if I failed to link to the exact battery for your application.

RC Racer
    No worries man, I thought that you were speaking about Rustler, since this is the Rustler forum. Anyhow, I think the amazon link had the size wrong. I ordered them. I have been looking at them for a bit anyhow, so thanks for chiming in and stating that they work good for you. I'll make the things thing fit somehow. Whole truck is a hack at this point so.....