RC poster

Angry Traxxas EZ-Peak Dual 8-amp NiMH/LiPo Fast Charger with iDô (Model #2972)

I recently purchased a Traxxas -Latrax Teton, and bought a EZ-Peak Dual charger to go along with it after I read that the truck only came with a DC charger. The battery that comes with the truck has a "Molex" connector, so I also purchased the Traxxas 3062 - Female Connector to Molex Male Connector Adapter.

The problem started off when I plugged in the 7.2v NiMH battery pack w/ adapter on the right side. The battery wouldn't charge, and the 3A LED blinked rapidly. When I unplugged the battery, an audio alert was heard, and the 3A LED on the right continued to blink, while the left side LEDs cycled from the bottom to the top like they're supposed to. Now, when I plug the battery back in, all of the lights (including the white ID buttons w/ blue LED backlight) blink. The middle two LED strips that display the amps cycle up and the go dark, and the everything lights up, goes off, and the process continues over and over.

"High Output" is not selected, and I have unplugged the charger for hours, tried again, and the rapid, red, blinking 3A LED issue remains even though a battery is not connected. When I plug the battery in on the right side, the process of the cycling of the amp lights, and blinking of all lights continues. I do want to point out that the left side port charges the NiMH battery flawlessly.

I bought this charger so that I could charge two batteries at the same time, but currently, I will only be able to charge one. The charger is brand new, and was purchased from Amazon. Here is a link to a YouTube video: https://youtu.be/gATCg8DKQJ0. (sorry it's so dark) If you can help, or have any suggestions on fixing the Traxxas error, please let me know. I'll be calling Traxxas in the morning. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by glenjr15; 05-11-2016 at 05:19 AM.

RC Racer
    I don't know if it is a bad charger or if by default you much charge on the left when charging one battery. Then when you have the battery charging on the left it will let charge one on the right. Not sure but if you have two batteries you could try it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RC poster

Lightbulb

Thanks for the tip Paulschwoch. I called Traxxas, and they deemed that the charger is defective. I got another one to compare it to, and the new one works fine. The first one was definitely defective. Traxxas is going to swap the original one out.

RC poster
    I plugged in my 5000 3 cell lipo into my ez peak dual charger and whenever the charging process begins it stops and the top 4a light blinks continuously. I dont know what the problem is as i just bought the charger and batteries yesterday. Any help. Please respond. I am new to this rc type of things and am just trying to get some further help.

RC Competitor
    Rose - I had that happen on mine as well. I swapped it to the right side and it worked after that. I was about to go on a trip, so didn't have time to investigate it. Hopefully someone here can explain it and its not a faulty charger issue. I didn't have any issues on my initial charges and that lipo wasn't too heavily used.
    Stampede VXL 4x4, Spartan, Alias, Aton Plus

RC Competitor
    The issue is supposedly that the charger setting does not match the battery type.

This could be a simple balance lead error , ensure all the wires from the battery that go to the male connector are pushed
    all the way inside the housing.

After that make sure that the battery types match, ie Lipo for a Lipo and NiMh for NiMh.