e revo switch help cobrax and other peeps

so like many other people my switch on the revo stopped working today so i soldered the 2 wires together. because i have read cobrax say that that's the best thing to do just wanted to know if i did it correct (look at pics)
    http://s1178.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/al...tml?sort=3&o=0
    http://s1178.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/al...tml?sort=3&o=1

btw the snotty solder i did i chose to cut off and fix so it looked nice.
    be vewy vewy quiet the e revo is sleeping

My phone won't let me see the pics very well, but so long as the wires make a good connection you should be fine. I would cover the solder joint. Not that there's much to actually short out on, but I prefer to be safe.

RC Racer
    There is no wrong way to do this...you are basically just bypassing the switch. Use a marette or butt splice would also work if you are not good at soldering. Tell you what, if you pour water on the esc it will also work as well...I tried and the water shorted out the switch lol. The unit is waterproof, but the switch contact is not and driving the car in wet will cause you to unable to shut the unit off. Not that it really matters anyways lol

Quote Originally Posted by alexander111222 View Post
    so like many other people my switch on the revo stopped working today so i soldered the 2 wires together. because i have read cobrax say that that's the best thing to do just wanted to know if i did it correct (look at pics)
    http://s1178.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/al...tml?sort=3&o=0
    http://s1178.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/al...tml?sort=3&o=1

btw the snotty solder i did i chose to cut off and fix so it looked nice.
    That should work fine. Like LaserPower said, there's no wrong way to do it. As long as you have both wires tied together, be it solder or a butt connector. Just keep in mind, as soon as you plug in your batteries, power will be on. I would get heat shrink and maybe a bit of good electrical tape and cover the bare parts of the wires as Rooky78 pointed out. You should be good to go.
    Happy Motoring!

Quote Originally Posted by C0BRAX View Post
    That should work fine. Like LaserPower said, there's no wrong way to do it. As long as you have both wires tied together, be it solder or a butt connector. Just keep in mind, as soon as you plug in your batteries, power will be on. I would get heat shrink and maybe a bit of good electrical tape and cover the bare parts of the wires as Rooky78 pointed out. You should be good to go.
    well that what i have done i have first soldered them then used heat shrink and then tape just to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Rooky78 View Post
    My phone won't let me see the pics very well, but so long as the wires make a good connection you should be fine. I would cover the solder joint. Not that there's much to actually short out on, but I prefer to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserPower View Post
    There is no wrong way to do this...you are basically just bypassing the switch. Use a marette or butt splice would also work if you are not good at soldering. Tell you what, if you pour water on the esc it will also work as well...I tried and the water shorted out the switch lol. The unit is waterproof, but the switch contact is not and driving the car in wet will cause you to unable to shut the unit off. Not that it really matters anyways lol
    and btw thanks for all the answers guys

well that what i have done i have first soldered them then used heat shrink and then tape just to be safe
    also now that i think about i may tommorow just cut the solder and just use cable shoes so that i can stil turn the rc off :I

also now that i think about i may tommorow just cut the solder and just use cable shoes so that i can stil turn the rc off :I
    Or. ...you can buy a cheap switch and wire it up. Presto! On and off.
    Happy Motoring!

Or. ...you can buy a cheap switch and wire it up. Presto! On and off.
    sadly i dont think i can find any that has the same size as the original but im gonna go to some shops in my city and have a look

I switch gave up after only 3 trips to the track. Looked like the dust has effected the rocker somehow. Might be able to modify and make work yet.

Otherwise, any use this switch from radio shack? I'd rather not hard wire.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

Will have to check this.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Qualifier
    Switches are for snitches. Why do you want to leave your lipos plugged in?

Just realized that there's a spring inside holding the pressure down and it was full of dirt. Stretched it out a bit to keep the pressure on.

Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Qualifier
    Now squeeze the sides of switch together to capture the spring inside. Oh but you'll never get it squeezed as much as it was originally so it'll take on dirt even faster now. Congrats you did it, you saved the $3 switch so you can kill your $50 lipos.

Quote Originally Posted by Multirotor View Post
    Now squeeze the sides of switch together to capture the spring inside. Oh but you'll never get it squeezed as much as it was originally so it'll take on dirt even faster now. Congrats you did it, you saved the $3 switch so you can kill your $50 lipos.
    What? Not sure I'm understanding. I dipped the switch so no dirt can get in.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Qualifier
    After puffing my first lipo leaving it plugged in (even with the switch off), I've become an anti switch advocate.

RC Racer
    that's your fault, you're not supposed to leave them plugged in unless your using the rc. if it caught fire you would be crying for a new rc. NEVER leave lipo's in your rc, always remove them, even if it's for a 10 minute cool down session. I've become an advocate too, for taking care of stuff that cost me my hard earned money, and potentially burning down my house due to laziness.

RC Racer
    great job, that will work just fine. If you have any other issues don't hesitate asking! "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers." 99.9 percent of the people here are more than happy to help. happy bashing.

RC Racer
    matrix243 great job, that will work just fine. If you have any other issues don't hesitate asking! "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers." 99.9 percent of the people here are more than happy to help. happy bashing.

Yep, I always pull the batts.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

RC Qualifier
    That's what I'm saying matrix and mudslinger. Why do people need the switch if you should always pull the batts anyways? The potential to forget them plugged in is a lot higher with the switch off. Do what you like I'm just saying it happens.

mudzlinger
    "you're not supposed to leave them plugged in unless your using the rc."

Switch is good for convenience when you're testing.
    Merv
    ERBE
    T-Maxx Classic 3.3
    Axial Scx10

here is how i fixed my switch btw https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...update-and-fix