RC poster

HELP Please Jato Front Tires

I'm very new to the RC world. I have a Jato 3.3 that I just recently purchased new Proline Trenchers for. The front tires do not fit, they have the hex slot inside the rim that does not seat against the bearing correctly. The 2 pairs I ordered are the 117012 and 117013. I'm thinking i may need the 117011's?? BTW, absolutely no help from my local hobby shop. I wont spend a dime in there after experiencing their customer service.

The Jato uses a 5x11 bearing type wheel, not a hex.
    Your best bet may be to contact Pro-Line directly, they don't show a direct bolt on wheel on their website. I'm certain they make one, but it may be listed for a different vehicle.

RC poster
    ill try that route. I've saw pictures of the Proline Trenchers all the way around on Jato's. IDK..hopefully i can get an answer from Proline direct. Thanks!

The tires themselves will fit any wheel. So in theory you could put Trenches on stock Traxxas wheels.

RC poster
    Sorry for my ignorance, but is this a simple task? i don't mind having the stock rims just wanted the all terrain over sized tires. So if i read your comment correct, i could just put the Proline tires on the stock wheels?

You will need to convert the front axles. Check this thread out https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post4386825
    "Drive it like you stole it"

I did it to mine and it's cheap to convert plus you can also switch back.

"Drive it like you stole it"

To answer your question, yes it's easy to put those tires on your stock wheels. The hard part is getting the old tires off. There are several ways to do this, try searching "remove rc tires from rims"

RC poster
    After a little research, i think im going to take the stock tires off and use the stock rims. I plan on picking up some tire glue this evening. Proline finally email me back and said they don't offer a wheel for that application. Nitrocrazy, i will check out your thread and see if i want to go that route. Thanks for everyone input.

you have to make sure that you have tires with a traxxas bead. If they are mounted on proline wheels, they will not go on your stock traxxas wheels. Pro line wheels, and traxxas wheels have a different bead,
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC poster
    Can you please tell me how to mount the jato front tire on a bandit.thanks

You would have to convert the bandit over to a nitro rustler carrier and stub axle
    The bandit has the bearings in the carrier, and the stub axle turns, and they run a hex style, the bandit only uses the pin on the front, but it is the same, just no hex.
    The jato runs the a solid axle in the carrier, and the bearings are in the wheel.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec