Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Yes, but what's the parts on a cat's hull that makes up the stepped part?
    The sponson's are what are "stepped" ...notice they aren't flat on the bottom

RC Racer
    Yes, but what's the parts on a cat's hull that makes up the stepped part?
    Stepping is molded into the hull bottom, there are no parts. If it were flat, it would be a flat bottom hull. By the way, can I ask why do you prefer ABS Plastic? Fiberglass is easily repairable, lightweight and strong, this is why it is used. Carbon Fiber would be the next best use material, but not necessary and expensive.

Raz

RC Racer
    Im not a fan of plastic. My spartan seams completely separated after it went airborne at like 50 mph. My 32" fightercat with carbon fiber inlay and chopped cloth/epoxy poured in transom/tips takes hits at 75 mph like nothing even happened.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mxkid261 View Post
    Im not a fan of plastic. My spartan seams completely separated after it went airborne at like 50 mph. My 32" fightercat with carbon fiber inlay and chopped cloth/epoxy poured in transom/tips takes hits at 75 mph like nothing even happened.
    Sounds about right.. +1 for a fiberglass mold instead

Raz

RC Racer
    Love the look of the new boat, but the open cockpit seems like it would be a pain to keep clean. It would be nice to have a choice on the open or closed hatch though! I will definitely buy one eventually but that will have to wait. Still working and adjusting on my new Sparty.

Facebook- Seccie Beccie

By the way, can I ask why do you prefer ABS Plastic?
    You certainly can. When it comes to these small RC boats I like plastic better than fiberglass, because it's easier (for me) to work with thinner plastic than with thinner fiberglass.

I have a Spartan that I've had several times at 70 mph, one crash at 50 mph, and run it most of the times in the mid 60's with absolutely no plastic hull problems. I have a Blackjack29, and it's fiberglass. It runs very well too, but it was a lot harder for me to install my mods to it than my Spartan. I had to be very careful with my BlackJacks hull, because it didn't feel as playable as my Spartans' hull did. Anyway, I do like fiberglass, but in other applications. With these small RC boats though, I much rather work with the plastic than with the fiberglass.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-22-2016 at 03:13 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    You certainly can. When it comes to these small RC boats I like plastic better than fiberglass, because it's easier (for me) to work with thinner plastic than with thinner fiberglass.

I have a Spartan that I've had several times at 70 mph, one crash at 50 mph, and run it most of the times in the mid 60's with absolutely no plastic hull problems. I have a Blackjack29, and it's fiberglass. It runs very well too, but it was a lot harder for me to install my mods to it than my Spartan. I had to be very careful with my BlackJacks hull, because it didn't feel as playable as my Spartans' hull did. Anyway, I do like fiberglass, but in other applications. With these small RC boats though, I much rather work with the plastic than with the fiberglass.
    I can see what your saying , I can take either or . I do like the ability to sharpen certain parts of the hull . Some fiber glass type construction can be outstanding , and others are just mass produced , they look good , go pretty good but handle ..... Not so good

RC Racer
    Got another 6' table for my shop for the 41, got my owners manual ready and batts, lets go Traxxas.

I think I'll wail until Christmas. I'm hoping for better colors...like red and black.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12