Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 2skills25 View Post
    I will know by this weekend, Hot Racing does have the metal gears upgrade for the Traxxas servo, so that may be a purchase made by the end of the weekend, I am excited for new scale size rims/tires that's for sure.
    There's metal servo gears for the Xmaxx already?i had no idea good I held off on buying the savox servo and cut up my chassis

Ok I just check the site yes there is some in stock,I'll be ordering it and wait for since I have my Xmaxx apart anyways

Wait y is only showing 3 gears doesn't our servo has 4gears?
    Last edited by Double G; 05-31-2016 at 03:19 PM. Reason: merge, clutter reduction, edit your previous post rather than making subsequent ones

RC Qualifier
    I will know by this weekend, Hot Racing does have the metal gears upgrade for the Traxxas servo, so that may be a purchase made by the end of the weekend, I am excited for new scale size rims/tires that's for sure.
    Don't get me wrong, these wheels look neat, but ....

For me they're not Monster Truck wheels / tyres. The tyre wall is perhaps little more than half what it should be on the outside to be truly 'scale' (they can still be skinny on the inside - dual diameter - to permit the knuckles to fit), and they're not chevron pattern, nor are they wide enough.

Agreed, 'correct format' tyres will probably push the stock servo too far, but that's what the servo saver's for, to some extent, and generally, as in 1:1 cars, you shouldn't force the steering unless you're moving.

I'm still on hold, hoping for more-scale looking ones - diameter's fine, perhaps too big, but the wall, and the width are wrong - that's just me.

Al.

RC Racer
    Anybody know the dimensions of the swamp dog rear tires?
    Fortenwinkler

Hey guys, did anybody get these tires on the ground yet? Any updates

RC Racer
    What tires are you mentioning Pro2A?
    Open every day....

What tires are you mentioning Pro2A?
    Hey skills, I was wonder about the imex J-7's that you purchased. Any updates

RC Racer
    I haven't had time to open the box yet, tonight (7-8pm) I will for sure and let you know how they mount up, weight difference and over all function. Sorry for the delay.....
    Open every day....

RC Racer
    Awesome. I think you've got a few of us waiting on that info.

Quote Originally Posted by atom3624 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, these wheels look neat, but ....

For me they're not Monster Truck wheels / tyres. The tyre wall is perhaps little more than half what it should be on the outside to be truly 'scale' (they can still be skinny on the inside - dual diameter - to permit the knuckles to fit), and they're not chevron pattern, nor are they wide enough.

Agreed, 'correct format' tyres will probably push the stock servo too far, but that's what the servo saver's for, to some extent, and generally, as in 1:1 cars, you shouldn't force the steering unless you're moving.

I'm still on hold, hoping for more-scale looking ones - diameter's fine, perhaps too big, but the wall, and the width are wrong - that's just me.

Al.
    The stockers have even less of a wall on the insides so .....

RC Qualifier
    The idea is a multiple effect:
    1. Appearance correct - deeper wall on the outside as per MT.
    2. Bigger diameter inner wheel / thinner tyre wall - less flex, better handling, less chance of 'grip roll'.
    3. Bigger diameter inner wheel / thinner tyre wall - less weight - rubber tyres tend to be heavier (inclusive of inserts) than optimised plastic - less inertia and less strain on the drive-train.

Look at Traxxas' own promo for the 'new sponsorship' and compare it to the tyres here - not the same.
    Not saying they're no good - probably run great, but lack that last 'realistic touch'.

Al.

1st thing I noticed on the j-7's was the short wall. Tbh, Idc for the rubber band look.

I now have 3 sets of wheels/tires so I should be good for all occasions.

RC Racer
    My pictures aren't as good as most of you guys but here they are. IMEX 1/5 Monster Truck rims and J-7 tires, true beadlock, 24mm hex.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    Open every day....

RC Racer
    No rubbing when installed, however using the original aluminum wheel adapters I can not thread the nut on as much as I would like. New adapters or switching to the small thickness 24mm aluminum hexs I saw on the bay should be sufficient. Testing these giants will take place tomorrow morning. The rubber feels firm, the rims however will loose the chrome I'm sure but overall these will fit the bill for my bashing style, serious offroading......
    Open every day....

RC Racer
    What is unit of measure is your scale reading in?

RC Qualifier
    They look great. If you don't mind me asking...what'd the set cost you? And did you get them direct from imex?

RC Racer
    Pounds/ounces. Yes directly from Imex and the cost was $200 shipped for the set. Imex assembled them.
    Open every day....

RC Champion

Hi skills, thank you very much for taking the time out to really go over the comparison of the stock tires next to the Imex. Awesome job!! I am going to wait to hear what you think of their performance before I order them but I think I am sold!!
    Thanks again! O yeah BTW your Xmaxx looks awesome!!!
    Last edited by Pro2A; 06-04-2016 at 07:17 PM.

RC Racer
    There is no loyalty at Amazon.......
    Open every day....

RC Racer
    That's not bad weight wise. Look forward to hearing what you think about them.

RC Racer
    Thanks Pro2A!!! I have a bunch of other parts not installed yet. And DreamState tomorrow you will here from me on how they perform, hope no ballooning and good characteristics flying of the jumps is my big number one.....
    Open every day....

Thank you skills, I am looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

RC Racer
    Hey guys, from just what you see size/weight comparison pictures what gear ratio would be good? I run stock Traxxas esc/motor and did run the stock 15/54 today. The truck did well, noticeable slower though. Just curious of some bearing input for bigger tires but to stay in the same power range, thank you in advance.......
    Open every day....

I contacted the Amazon seller after I bought the last set & they said no more so I ordered the last 2 from IMEX for $40 extra and now they're in stock again. Thanks Phoenix Model Company!

RC Racer
    I was fixing to order one of the last sets from Amazon when I found out I have to change a $1500 differential in one of my 4 wheelers.

RC Racer
    Man, have to say, Imex told me this was the last set, they actually said they didn't have any but would look in the warehouse and called me back to say they found one last set. Hmmmmmm........I think they have plenty.
    Open every day....

RC Champion
    Man, have to say, Imex told me this was the last set, they actually said they didn't have any but would look in the warehouse and called me back to say they found one last set. Hmmmmmm........I think they have plenty.
    Maybe thinking of pumping up the price

RC Racer
    What's the new spur/pinion ratio to be when using bigger tires like these?
    Open every day....

So are these tires like the 1:1?

It was always my understanding the manufacturers produce set amount of tires & that's it. Like the Goodyear Eagle II's on my Charger.

RC Racer
    Well I believe these J-7 are the biggest tires so far. I have ran quite a few packs on them and only one issue, a stripped 15 tooth pinion. That's it, no servo issues, no ring/pinion issues, no axle pin issues, no ballooning and so on. I do jump and drive like I own the Xmaxx, lol cuz I do. Anyways Imex J-7 on their 1/5 monster truck Pluto rims look and act great!!! FYI.....
    Open every day....

That's great to hear, thank you!

For Sale: Brand new pair of Kershaw Monster Tires. <JOKE, not really for sale.

RC Champion
    Any reviews on the KD monster tires yet?are they better than stock,ballooning,,etc..

Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Any reviews on the KD monster tires yet?are they better than stock,ballooning,,etc..
    If I could I would.

I've heard they're hard & didn't have as much grip on wet, hard-er surfaces. But NO ballooning, ripping apart, wheels aren't cracking.

Stock X Maxx tire is a great tire, maybe just not for the X? You just don't want to run too much torque on them or baaadd things happen.

RC Racer
    So if I were order up J7 on pluto rims is there anything else im going to need? Hub spacers or adapter?
    Went to buy a lipo, walked out with a XMAXX.

RC Enthusiast
    Was kind of waiting on the response to this one as well...
    Rustler VXL, Slash Ultimate, X Maxx

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by chapinb View Post
    The imex j-7 are close if not a tad bigger.
    The redcat rampage mt tire is bigger but would require a differnet hex from the max or baja.

Haven't looked at it yet, but losi has a 1/5 monster truck with matching tires coming soon. They might be worth a look too.

With larger or heavier tires, come more breakages though.
    i am afraid the Rampage MT wheels wont work they are too deep,i tried what i did was bought some extra Xmaxx wheel hex shave them down to 23m, fit them to rampage wheel but when it was time to install on xmaxx axle the xmaxx axle was too short/wheels too deep,ill share a photo.

RC Competitor
    Sorry guys video quality not the best,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApquF3OaFJs

Makes me kind of sad. I wish we all could have a nice variety of tires and rims to choose from. How's 2skills25 setup working out. Any problems? If not, where do you get the wheel adaptors?
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 08-21-2016 at 06:20 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    The Redcat Rampage wheels and tires are very heavy and would definitely be bad news for your drive train imho, I have a set and do do a weight comparison with pictures on a different thread.....now for the jumbo Imex Pluto rims with J-7 tires all is well, however I have not found a good gear ratio to give wheelies and top speed I like. The truck really slowed down putting these big tires on, no other problems though and that good.....
    Open every day....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Makes me kind of sad. I wish we all could have a nice variety of tires and rims to choose from. How's 2skills25 setup working out. Any problems? If not, where do you get the wheel adaptors?
    I have several different brands of wheels adapters but the Monster ones are my favorite and fit the Imex rims and axle the best of the bunch....
    Open every day....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast