RC poster

Propeller and bearing problems

Hi! Recently I noticed that one of the propellers on my Alias was running a bit slower than the others. I removed the propeller and gear and found a few tiny metal balls loose around the metal pin (6633). I then found what I assume is a ball bearing without any balls. I suppose this means I need a new ball bearing? Where can I get these? Do they have to be LaTrax ones or can I pick them up at any hardware store?

I also me really struggling to put the gear back onto the pin. It is very very stiff and I worry that I will break something if I push harder. The same is true of the propeller. I've tried some WD40. As far as I can tell in fit is just cylindrical so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Ive asked LaTrax support but any help from you guys would be really appreciated. Thanks,

Liam

Propeller and bearing problems

There is a flat spot in the shaft and on the gear and propeller. The flats must align.

I picked up some shielded 3x6x2 bearings. Stock are fine too.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    The stock bearings are available directly from Traxxas or most Traxxas resellers. Third party bearings from Boca bearings are also available direct from Boca or most of the same resellers. I prefer the Boca bearings because they are sealed but either work just as well.

RC Qualifier
    Part # 6642