Thread: Spartan/TSM?

RC Racer

Spartan/TSM?

I see the newest version is advertising TSM. Has anyone tried it? I love it on my Stampede 4x4, but just not sure how it would react to the chine walking I'm still trying to get under control.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

RC Racer
    That's a great question. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the TSM on a Spartan box. I don't understand how it works on a boat.

RC Qualifier
    A guy at my LHS bought one and said essentially what it does is keep the boat from flipping or doing a tail spin by slowing or braking the motor and keeping the rudder from turning to sharp.
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Racer
    If mine flips it's because it blew over and did a back flip on 6s after catching air. The TSM on the trucks does nothing with the throttle, I'd find it very interesting if they engaged the throttle channel with the TSM on the Spartan. I've yet to flip it over doing a 180 turn.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

RC Racer
    Same here Gagtoe!

RC poster
    So i took the Spartan out the other day. The new TSM feels really awkward as it tries to correct itself, almost fish tailing like. Ended up dialing it back to the point of turning it off.

Would be interested to hear how others like the TSM on their Spartan. I absolute love this option on my VXL rustler not sure if I can say the same for Spartan.

RC Competitor
    I have the new system and I keep it set at the 12 position. I really can't tell if it helps or not. I know it works in my stampede but can't really notice any noticeable change in my spartan. What I have found out from Doug, is longer turn fins, bigger trim tabs and 5" rudder is the set up that works for me. I did what he suggested and my spartan is very stable (no chin walk what so ever). Best run on 6S was 67.7mph and very stable but the water was like glass. Hope this helped

RC Racer
    Glad to hear everything is working well for you. That's good speed! Glad you're having some fun with it!

RC Competitor
    Your the best