Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    120

    Parts needed to convert a Spartan

    Has anyone gone through to see what it would take to convert a currently stockish Spartan to one of these? It looks like there are quite a few interchangeable parts.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,138
    if your asking about esc and motor they are the same

    Spartan is a mono
    the M41 is a cat
    two different boats with same electronics
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    120
    I completely understand that. The ESC/Motor/Electronics are the same from what I see, those are typically the highest priced parts outside of the actual hull.

    If I can convert for <$250ish it may be worth me to do so and then recoup some of the costs by selling the rest to someone that wants to build a Spartan with an aftermarket motor/esc setup.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagtoe View Post
    Has anyone gone through to see what it would take to convert a currently stockish Spartan to one of these? It looks like there are quite a few interchangeable parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagtoe View Post
    I completely understand that. The ESC/Motor/Electronics are the same from what I see, those are typically the highest priced parts outside of the actual hull.

    If I can convert for <$250ish it may be worth me to do so and then recoup some of the costs by selling the rest to someone that wants to build a Spartan with an aftermarket motor/esc setup.
    totally lost in your question :O.o

    you cannot convert a m41 to a Spartan
    they are a different hull
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    totally lost in your question :O.o

    you cannot convert a m41 to a Spartan
    they are a different hull
    I can buy a Spartan hull for ~90 dollars. Same theory.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    totally lost in your question :O.o

    you cannot convert a m41 to a Spartan
    they are a different hull
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagtoe View Post
    I can buy a Spartan hull for ~90 dollars. Same theory.
    so you can buy a spartan hull for 90bucks ??
    and ???????

    again you cannot covert a mono hull into a catamaran hull
    they have the same esc and motor...
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier WonderMelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Myerstown, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    so you can buy a spartan hull for 90bucks ??
    and ???????

    again you cannot covert a mono hull into a catamaran hull
    they have the same esc and motor...
    I'm rather sure it was meant as that you can buy the hull and all the parts you need, but save money buy saving the ESC and motor. Get the hull and everything else, keep the ESC and motor.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,138

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Gagtoe View Post
    Parts needed to convert a Spartan

    Has anyone gone through to see what it would take to convert a currently stockish Spartan to one of these? It looks like there are quite a few interchangeable parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMelon View Post
    I'm rather sure it was meant as that you can buy the hull and all the parts you need, but save money buy saving the ESC and motor. Get the hull and everything else, keep the ESC and motor.
    just trying to follow the original question
    as you cannot convert a spart into a M41
    if your buying a spartan hull like was said above then buy the spartan components to finish it out, or aftermarket parts like so many spartan owners are doing today
    no reason to buy parts from a boat that is different that is not out yet
    there really is no conversion to speak of between these two boats
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  9. #9
    RC Racer A1ArmedToaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Your Grandmother's Kitchen Counter
    Posts
    179
    So op HAS a spartan. He wants to know what parts are different between the spartan and M41. Like converting a stampede to rustler.

    Same same but different.

    He's going to keep the matching parts, buy the new M41 parts, and sell the old spartan parts like a roller (floater?)
    That said I dont think there are that many matching parts
    Last edited by A1ArmedToaster; 05-23-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    Rustler VXL/ Merv (sold)/ Q32/ Ambush/ Kraton

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    809
    I would guess you would need the body for sure and maybe the electronics tray if it is different then some small parts, rudder, other stuff if different.
    It will be a lot easier to know after the M41 actually comes out. Don

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrinko View Post
    It will be a lot easier to know after the M41 actually comes out. Don
    thank you!

    Let's wait til the boat actually release guys. We can all speculate and bicker but until it's released...
    We are all one race. The human race.

  12. #12
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,307
    The Super Derecho

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    3,867
    Exploded views are already up. Surprised no one else checked
    .

    You're a good guy DoubleG. I don't care what KSB sez about you. (lol) Anyway, now all I have to do is see how many parts this new boat and the Spartan have in common. I wonder if a Spartan hatch would fit this new boat. It would be cool if it did.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    so you can buy a spartan hull for 90bucks ??
    and ???????

    again you cannot covert a mono hull into a catamaran hull
    they have the same esc and motor...
    You don't get it
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMelon View Post
    I'm rather sure it was meant as that you can buy the hull and all the parts you need, but save money buy saving the ESC and motor. Get the hull and everything else, keep the ESC and motor.
    Bingo
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ArmedToaster View Post
    So op HAS a spartan. He wants to know what parts are different between the spartan and M41. Like converting a stampede to rustler.

    Same same but different.

    He's going to keep the matching parts, buy the new M41 parts, and sell the old spartan parts like a roller (floater?)
    That said I dont think there are that many matching parts
    Bingo

    I converted my Stampede 4x4 into a Slash 4x4 by changing a few parts.

    I have no need for a 2nd boat. I'm one of those that would buy a kit traxxas vehicle if they offered it.

    I've looked at the exploded views, not a lot in common but enough that it's a tangible idea when considering what I could sell the Spartan stuff for.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    3,867
    I have no need for a 2nd boat.
    You can never have to much RC stuff...especially boats.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  16. #16
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagtoe View Post
    Has anyone gone through to see what it would take to convert a currently stockish Spartan to one of these? It looks like there are quite a few interchangeable parts.
    If you do end up doing this I might be interested in buying your Spartan floater(roller). PM me if your interested, thanks.

    I tried posting this a few days ago, hopefully it doesn't show up twice.

  17. #17
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1
    Have you found out wich parts were needed for the conversion. Could you please provide the info if thats the case?

  18. #18
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Posts
    48
    Best upgrade is a 4082 1600 KV with 6S and propping with a bigger prop. Good runtime and easy on ESC and cells. I would get the 180 ESC or similar. Makes for a long run time and in 60mph range. Props could be a X645 but it would be stupid fast if you can keep it on the water.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •