RC poster

Telemetry question/setting?

Quick questions for yall. On the stock ESC I noticed a few times when it starts getting sluggish as batteries are getting low when I try to turn off the ESC it will just blink red and won't allow me to turn it off. I unplug batteries and plug them back in and all is fine. Has anyone else noticed this? Also what is a good temp to set in the link app for the warning?

I did just add bluetooth to watch voltage/temp and going to pickup the #6541 adapter to read lipo voltage since currently only reading BEC output. What's a good practice of voltage to just call it good and charge the batteries?

Lastly can I hook up a temp sensor on ESC or will the internal thermal protection be fine?

Not worried about speed so using guages all for temp and volts.

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    I installed the Power Tap Connector (Traxxas 6541), Telemetry Expander (Traxxas 6550), and Auto-detectable Temperature Sensor (Traxxas 6526) on mine. The internal thermal protection will be fine, but a temperature sensor on the ESC is a great for a warning prior to that protection. And yes, you have to unplug the batteries if it goes into thermal protection. Here is the install video:

Regarding your battery charge, you have to make the call on how long you want your batteries to last. I like to keep my batteries above 4V per cell so I have ten 5000 MAH batteries so I can keep running.
    Last edited by drivejumpfly; 05-22-2016 at 09:17 AM.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    I installed the Power Tap Connector (Traxxas 6541), Telemetry Expander (Traxxas 6550), and Auto-detectable Temperature Sensor (Traxxas 6526) on mine. The internal thermal protection will be fine, but a temperature sensor on the ESC is a great for a warning prior to that protection. And yes, you have to unplug the batteries if it goes into thermal protection. Here is the install video:

Regarding your battery charge, you have to make the call on how long you want your batteries to last. I like to keep my batteries above 4V per cell so I have ten 5000 MAH batteries so I can keep running.
    Thank you! So if I am using the Link app for kind of a heads up just take the 4V x 6 and have it alert me at 24V? I also just enabled the temp warning and it seems a little high should I set it at like 200? I am running the 2 castle fans on motor. Thanks again.

RC Qualifier
    I have not installed my Castle dual blower shroud yet so I keep my motor temperature warning set at 170 degrees
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours