RC Qualifier

Need help deciding...

Need some help deciding between a Latrax teton or a SST...which do you guys recommend and why? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I have a Teton and no nothing about the SST. If you go Teton stay stock including nimh batteries. If you run lipos be prepared to dish out dollars and also trying to find upgrades to handle the power. The parts you really need are hard to find.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    I have a Teton and no nothing about the SST. If you go Teton stay stock including nimh batteries. If you run lipos be prepared to dish out dollars and also trying to find upgrades to handle the power. The parts you really need are hard to find.
    What parts break? Diffs and drive components?

RC Qualifier
    Diffs and driveshafts guaranteed to go first which is the hardest to find. You will have to build the diffs from different parts and finding the steel, titanium, or aluminum outdrives is the hardest. Search the Teton section on what people are upgrading if you decided to go lipo and especially brushless motors.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    Diffs and driveshafts guaranteed to go first which is the hardest to find. You will have to build the diffs from different parts and finding the steel, titanium, or aluminum outdrives is the hardest. Search the Teton section on what people are upgrading if you decided to go lipo and especially brushless motors.
    are the ring and pinion steel? The description says they are and I imagine it would be hard to break those if they're steel. Have you ever looked at associated 1/18 or 1/18 losi desert truck?

RC Qualifier
    yes but the spider gears are plastic so that strips. Then the outdrives and driveshafts are plastic so that breaks too. Some of the parts for the diffs are from an rc18.

RC poster
    I love my SST but if I could go back I would get the Teton, has much better parts support.

RC Enthusiast
    I had an SST for a short time that my cousin now has. not a lot of experience with the Teton but now the parts are much easier to find and I find the SST to be a better all around vehicle.

RC Enthusiast
    All I have to say is that they are the exactly the same except the wheels and cover.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbanger321 View Post
    they are the exactly the same except the wheels and cover.
    Yes.

Du4designs which did you decide on? Buy the one you like the looks of best.
    Vaterra Team Driver
    Meow