RC Qualifier

HeliPal All-in-One Professional FPV build

Figured I start another thread to document my setup with pics and links to where I got mine. It arrived today. Since I have never done this before, will be taking my time so I don't fry it. Purchased the HeliPal All-in-One Professional kit along with the storm camera. Since my GoPro session uses a micro USB port, this kit requires a mini USB port. Have ordered a adapter in hopes it will work. I did upgrade the transmitter for extended range. Once this is done and working, a member here will help me with the mod for better distance. Will Post more pics as I get through this. Feel free to ask questions.
    http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-...o-premium.html
    http://www.helipal.com/sony-700tv-li...amera-pal.html

I envision many hours of fun ahead... Looks cool!

RC Racer
    Absolutely sweet man! Prepare for questions... ;-)

RC Qualifier
    Messed with it a little trying to find a good spot for the camera and transmitter. Pretty sure I figured it out. The wiring will be the issue. Hoping I can use the port on the aton for camera power or transmitter. They have some how to videos on there web site so will be watching those before I begin. Will be after the holiday before I can start. Still have to figure out a mount for the screen and controller.

RC Qualifier
    Mounted the camera and transmitter. You folks with FPV setups, will my antenna placement interfere with the aton? Thought about under the canopy but figured that would interfere one way or another with aton or transmitter. If you have better suggestions with the transmitter placement, let me know.

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know if the power supply could power both camera and transmitter? Looks like I will have to hack wires to get it to work, or wait for my adapter to come in for the gopro to try 1st before hacking up these cables. Emailed helipal to see if there is a different wiring harness that works with the BOS 600 and the storm camera. Hate hacking stuff up to make it work.

RC Qualifier
    Well, I took a chance with the wiring. Its working! Just a quick test. Now I need to come up with a monitor holder. Anyone have any ideas?

RC Qualifier
    Tripod. This is why I bought goggles instead of just a monitor.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Competitor
    Nice Bear, keep us posted on how it works out. My mother is getting ready to pass away and have only had time for 1 quick flight with my new fpv so I don't know enough to give advice just yet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundtech View Post
    My mother is getting ready to pass away
    My condolences to your family. Not easy going through this. Both of my parents passed years ago.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    My condolences to your family. Not easy going through this.
    Undergroundtech, I too am sorry to hear of your impending loss. wishing you and your family strength through these hard times.

Larry

RC Qualifier
    I emailed Helipal to see if they have a wiring harness already made (without the hacks) so it doesn't look crappy. Got an idea on a monitor holder but have to fabricate it. If I can get it done, will post a pic.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundtech View Post
    Nice Bear, keep us posted on how it works out. My mother is getting ready to pass away and have only had time for 1 quick flight with my new fpv so I don't know enough to give advice just yet
    So sorry to hear brother,sending my thoughts and prayers
    Love,Peace and Rocket Science

RC Qualifier
    Thanks to undergroundtech, now have plenty of room to install FPV between the mount.

RC Qualifier
    After soldering the wires up, was time to test fly. Getting periodic static on the monitor so have to fine tune that. Maybe a better antenna. Still haven't come up with a holder for my monitor. Its so cool to fly around something, like my garage out of sight, and depend on your monitor. Will have to save up for the goggles to try that. Bright outside so part of my reflection is on the screen.

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys, it means a lot. That said, I am not trying to hijack the post either. Looks good Bearcatrp and I noticed a bit of static with mine as well. I thinking my tx maybe too close to cam and looking at ways to have a bit more forward mount on the cam. Will post in a a different thread if I come up with something.

RC Qualifier
    You need to get a better antenna first. Try the aomway antennas, not expensive and they have good multipath rejection.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks undergroundtech. Will look into that Suteki. Would those antennas need to be installed on the monitor too? I have 2 antennas on my monitor.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Thanks undergroundtech. Will look into that Suteki. Would those antennas need to be installed on the monitor too? I have 2 antennas on my monitor.
    yes you want to keep them the same on tx and rx. Do you remember reading if that monitor had Diversity built in or not? If so you can use 1 Omani directional antenna and 1 directional.
    Last edited by undergroundtech; 06-08-2016 at 07:55 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Will have to look at the manual to see. Spent the money on the higher end model so probably does. Am wondering if pointing the antenna down instead of up could be causing issues. Could be transmitter to close to cam too. My adapter should be here soon to see if my GoPro will work.

RC Qualifier
    Got my adapter in today. Fits the gopro session but not the wiring hub. 6 bucks wasted. For now, will stay with the storm camera. Just have to come up with a mount for my 7 inch screen.

RC Qualifier
    Flew yesterday and was still having issues with the screen flickering. Amazing what a manual can do for you. Found out the frequency selection was off. After the adjustment, no more flickering. Still looking for a mount for the screen though.

RC poster
    I took one of the gopro clips and glued it right on to the battery cover on the controller and from that i was able to use a couple gopro extension pieces like a 2" and a 4" piece and then atached a universal phone clamt to the end and swivled it right down to rest on top of the controller for fpv with my gopro to my phone.. you could do similar for your screen

RC Enthusiast

Thumbs up

http://s1164.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/J0...7dcdo.jpg.html

http://s1164.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/J0...7dcdo.jpg.html

http://s1164.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/J0...7kfvn.jpg.html

the 2nd pic shows the old positioning of cam and tx..

I installed my fpv cam in the front and the tx in the rear of the Aton. both get power from the JST plug from the Aton...
    Peace, J.J.

RC Competitor
    any luck with mounting the monitor on your controller? post some pics?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabeau View Post
    any luck with mounting the monitor on your controller? post some pics?
    No. Haven't spent much time with the aton. Hopefully this winter will give me some time to see what I can figure out.