RC poster

Blinking red light on Esc and engine too much hot

Hi everyone, I have a e revo 1/10, I use hpı flux tork 2200 kv engine and hobbywing esc. I noiced when started the Revo, blinking red light and after then red light continuously yesterday. I asked this question on Turkish forum but no one answer. 2. This engine was too much hot when using Proline trencher x 3.8 and stop, few minutes later again work, but using hpı phaltline this engine was hot but not too much, it can work don't stop, is it normal? Using blower enough? Sorry my bad English please help but so clear write because I maybe use some translate. Thank you.
    Last edited by ekolayzer8; 05-29-2016 at 11:56 AM.

depends on the gearing and the battery cell count. If you are running 4s or 6s.
    I am guessing that the ESC is going into thermal shut down. Meaning as you know getting to hot..

A temp gun is kind of a must have.....
    Hot motor + cool esc = under geared.
    Cool motor + hot esc = over geared
    Everything warm just right..

Part Number: RRP8721 <change the last two number for tooth count
    Manufacturer: Robinson Racing
    Hardened .8 mod 21T Pinion Gear with 5mm Bore (32 pitch)

6S or 4S = 18/54 Is a good starting point
    4S = 21/54 ~ 20/54 you are still pretty safe on temps but you still need to watch them till you get to know the truck better

Motor ~ 180/190F (82/88C) maximum, ideally 140/160F (60/71C), temps can be 10F higher inside the motor
    ESC ~ pretty much same temps / MMM Fan comes on @ 150F (65C)
    The MXL-6S / MM2 fan runs non-stop, also should be taken off when driving in wet conditions.
    Lipo's ~ 140F (60C) max, ideally 100/120F (38/49C).........
    Would you go flip my truck back over??