RC Qualifier

The Ultimate Traxxas 4-Tec Pro Rally (4-Tec Rally Conversion)

I recently decided on restoring my 4-Tec instead of scrapping it for parts, I did some research and found a Guide to converting your 4-Tec to a True 1/10 Rally car on UltimateTraxxas.com, so I got to work and bought Traxxas Carbon Fiber upper & lower Chassis & Shock Towers, Blue Aluminum Pullies, Nitro 4-Tec Diffs, Nitro 4-Tec A-Arms & Drive Shafts, Foam Bumper, ACER Racing Ball Bearings, Rc Screwz screw set, DHG Gold Wheels and HSP PP0487 Rally Tires, HPS 65mm Adjustable Aluminum Shock, Traxxas slipper clutch #4615, HPS Brembo Disc Brakes (cosmetic), HobbyWing EzRun 60A/3300Kv System and a 200mm HPI RACING SUBARU IMPREZA WRC 2001 Body! Im still waiting on part #4321X Aluminum chassis post/ bellcrank post set w/spacers, but until then i cut the original post off the chassis and used those until i can get my hands on it! Like always glad to answer any questions and help in anyway, Enjoy!!! and keeping on building!!!

Last edited by GmoneyGrip; 05-30-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier

Burn it...

RC Qualifier

Burn it...

RC Qualifier

Burn it...

RC Qualifier

Burn it...

RC Qualifier

Burn it...

RC Competitor
    that is amazing. I kinda want to do a rally conversion on my e4tec now too, kinda tight on money right now but I am hoping to get a summer job soon. Also, do you know how to expand the battery box on these?
    Nitro 4tec 3.3
    Revo 2.5R/3.3
    Nitro 4tec PRO

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E46M3 View Post
    that is amazing. I kinda want to do a rally conversion on my e4tec now too, kinda tight on money right now but I am hoping to get a summer job soon. Also, do you know how to expand the battery box on these?
    Thanks bro!!! Yes you use washers as spacers to enlarge the battery box but i didnt even bother with that, i have so many Lipos in so many different sizes theres no need to enlarge it, i just pick the one that fits 2s and 3s! Unless youre racing it and need a certain size i dont see a reason for it
    Burn it...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    Thanks bro!!! Yes you use washers as spacers to enlarge the battery box but i didnt even bother with that, i have so many Lipos in so many different sizes theres no need to enlarge it, i just pick the one that fits 2s and 3s! Unless youre racing it and need a certain size i dont see a reason for it
    ok, what battery are you using? I wanted to get iDrive LiPos to start just because its basically plug and play, but I would be fine using another battery if it meant no chassis mods. Thanks
    Nitro 4tec 3.3
    Revo 2.5R/3.3
    Nitro 4tec PRO

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E46M3 View Post
    ok, what battery are you using? I wanted to get iDrive LiPos to start just because its basically plug and play, but I would be fine using another battery if it meant no chassis mods. Thanks
    Right now im using a FLOUREON 3S 4000mAh 25C Lipo, Battery Dimension: 135mm x 43mm x 24mm if you stay within those dimensions it will fit, that is the maximum size that will fit, Lipos are the biggest gimmick Im a huge supporter of FLOUREON I own a lot of them and they work the same as Lipos 3 times the price... for bashing u cant beat it.. If im racing at my local track i only run Team Orion Lipos

Stay within the Dimensions and your Good!

Last edited by GmoneyGrip; 05-31-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    vid coming soon
    Burn it...

RC Racer
    What a nice job. You did a nice job making standoffs for the carbon kit. A real stunner.
    Sam Russell

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan1964 View Post
    What a nice job. You did a nice job making standoffs for the carbon kit. A real stunner.
    Thanks SpyderMan1964 I appreciate it, its great when others acknowledge the time & effort i put into building a beauty, a lot of work went into it thanks again and enjoy!
    Burn it...

RC poster
    I have to say your build made me clean the mouse nest from mine and do the same! I found the lower graphite at Jegs of all places and traxxas sells the upper on the site. May i ask what you used to make the standoffs? Great build and thanks for the insperation!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Jdog5k I appreciate it, glad i was able to inspire you! The standoffs are from the original stock chassis, I cut the posts off with a dremal and i used spacers to level it out, more details in the pics above. Send me a message with a link to the post, when you're done building and posting it up, cant wait to see it!!!!
    Burn it...

you did a really nice, clean job. I might try and rebuild my nitro 4-tec and do the same with it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCMad72 View Post
    you did a really nice, clean job. I might try and rebuild my nitro 4-tec and do the same with it.
    I just rebuild and repaired my Nitro 4 Tec Pro check out my thread its sick
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ration-Project!
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Because of PhotoBucket all of Our Build Threads have been ruined they should be ashamed of themselves Hy-jacking our photos and then ask for $500 to get them back SMH... So I Built a Website that has all my Builds on there whoever wants to see the pictures please click on the link below!

https://theworldoftraxxas.shutterfly.com/
    Burn it...