RC poster

Traxxas differential oil question

The bottles of Traxxas Diff oil say the specification is in Weight but a Google search
    shows results in CST and Weight. Which is correct?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ok, so weight is a non standard measurement, and CST is the worldwide standard..... similar to metric and SAE

I run Team Associated Oil, and it uses CST

there are conversion calculators online to get you "in the ballpark"
    Last edited by jimbo74; 05-30-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Most diff oils have both ratings...Just use one or the other. I prefer Wt. as most of us do.
    Slash 4x4 Tekin RX8GenII w/Pro4 4300hd

RC poster
    I'm trying to simplify my life with different mfr's of short course trucks I own. I want to go strictly by CST for shocks and differentials. Although the Traxxas diff oil bottles say for example, 30K wt, everything tells me that it actually CST. If you do the Wt to CST/CPS conversion, 30K wt would be over a million cps or cst. That would be akin to Jello.. So back to my original question. Is the 30K wt on the Traxxas bottle actually 30K CST?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    as I have said before, there is no standard of measurement

I run all associated oils that are measured in CST and I have 1,000,000 CST oil..... it is pretty thick, not jello, but dang close.... it ripped paper towels when I tried to clean up a spill.... I had to scrape it off with cardstock from a parts package

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

To be honest with you, I have only noticed differential fluid by weight. I run 100,000 in my rear differential and the stock 30,000 in the front.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Traxxas WEIGHT:

Team Associated CST:

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

In my trucks I generally run 100,000 in the rear differential. It gives a good Posi-Traction effect. I keep the stock 30,000 for the front. That has server me well for many years
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!