RC poster

Buying a used x-maxx

I'm going to go take a look at a used x-maxx, anything I should inspect or take a look at on it? Any weak points I should take a close loot at on it?

RC Racer
    Buying a used X-maxx is like buying a used sport bike, how many quarter miles is on this thing. It has been beat to death and polished for sale. Buyer beware.

RC poster
    It looks to be in very good shape, just like any rc you have to be careful and make sure it hasn't been thrashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    Buying a used X-maxx is like buying a used sport bike, how many quarter miles is on this thing. It has been beat to death and polished for sale. Buyer beware.
    Which is the case with any RC for that matter, not just the X-Maxx.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    The good thing is these trucks have only been out about half a year so the short history is in your favor. As long as all the electronics work and the diffs sound ok anything else you may have to fix should not be terribly expensive. Best of luck!

RC Qualifier
    Check for cracks on the inside and outside of the wheels. Also check if the ESC has the red tag. If not see if you can get the serial number and check if it is affected by the recall.

RC poster
    It has the updated esc but after reading that dont totally mean I'll not have problems. I guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.

What is the best way to check the diffs? Slow speeds or fast speeds, stop and go?

I have been keeping an eye on used ones and it seems a used one can go around $600, this one comes with the traxxas duel charger and two 5000 lipos they were selling as a package.

Saying the truck is in good new shape what would you all think would be a fair price?

Also buying used, for recalls or issues that may arise would I still be covered under them being the second owner?

Thanks for all the input guys.

RC Qualifier
    Is it the one drove off a 50ft lift?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson1 View Post
    It has the updated esc but after reading that dont totally mean I'll not have problems. I guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.

What is the best way to check the diffs? Slow speeds or fast speeds, stop and go?

I have been keeping an eye on used ones and it seems a used one can go around $600, this one comes with the traxxas duel charger and two 5000 lipos they were selling as a package.

Saying the truck is in good new shape what would you all think would be a fair price?

Also buying used, for recalls or issues that may arise would I still be covered under them being the second owner?

Thanks for all the input guys.
    for the diffs, just check to make sure it's not clicking in any way when testing. $600 sounds good.

for the warranty, traxxas offers a 30 day brand new warranty so I don't think you'll be covered. after that I think they have a lifetime warranty of half off retail price but don't quote me on that.
    We are all one race. The human race.