RC Enthusiast

Hop ups in the UK

Hi guys n galz.
    Appreciate this site is predominately US based and most of you lucky people have access to Traxxas and a minefield full of 3rd party companies who make/sell lovely aftermarket bits n pieces for the X-Maxx and at great prices too.
    I'd like to be able to get my hands on some
    Of those goodies too.
    So.... Anyone recommend companies on the USA who ship internationally without
    Insane shipping charges or anyone know in the UK of companies who offer similar items without paying insane prices. I'm aware of the likes of ModelSport and wheelspin models etc but compared
    To USA prices these really are top dollar. Thanks a million from a grey and wet miserable day in the UK.

RC Qualifier
    It's not so much the shipping charges as Her Majesty's Customs and Excise who are near-guaranteed to nab you.
    Anything >15 will incur 20% VAT + 'Handling Charge' which appears variable from 8 upwards.

Look at RC Modelz (in UK) - they have a fair amount of AreaRC alloy gear. They're cheaper than the manufacturers are advertising, and are prepared to sell for (I asked them as they're obviously over-priced, but their product, their call).

I purchased a load of DHawk alloy gear from China which arrived without 'complications'.

Al.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by atom3624 View Post
    It's not so much the shipping charges as Her Majesty's Customs and Excise who are near-guaranteed to nab you.
    Anything >15 will incur 20% VAT + 'Handling Charge' which appears variable from 8 upwards.

Look at RC Modelz (in UK) - they have a fair amount of AreaRC alloy gear. They're cheaper than the manufacturers are advertising, and are prepared to sell for (I asked them as they're obviously over-priced, but their product, their call).

I purchased a load of DHawk alloy gear from China which arrived without 'complications'.

Al.
    You star! Cheers. Will check it out now, thanks